Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jet lag... and future planning

Yesterday it was all I could do to keep the eyelids propped open, despite the fact that I went to bed very early the night before. Then, last night I went to bed early (for me) and thought I would get a good night's rest, but around 2:00am I gave up and went downstairs to "rest" and leave Teresa alone. I was doing nothing but tossing and turning. So, suffice it to say I'm still jet-laggy after the Vegas trip. Eventually it'll pass...but oh joy, I have another trip (driving this time) to contend with starting Sunday. I'm in training for two weeks in Shepherdstown, WV. Leadership Potential Seminar is the title of the class...that'll be enough chuckling there in the back!!! Yes, I mean you! I'm curious about the course, but I'll reserve judgement (at least give it a day or so to form an opinion.) : )

I was able to get back on the ole treadmill last night, for a 30 minute run/walk. Prior to the Vegas trip, I had been pretty dedicated to getting in 30 minutes of run/walk at least 5 days per week. Of course, Vegas is different. Much libation and one day merging into the next isn't exactly the time to be testing your physical limitations. Anyway, I rushed home, got it done, showered and then headed off to Whitney's basketball game.

Already I'm hearing the rumblings of a return trip to Las Vegas. June/July was brought up by JR and Vince (and me) in hopes of checking out the pros in action during the World Series of Poker. The standard October trip that we always seem to do, is on the table. Then, I've also heard interest from Frank (and me) about attending the Winter Blogger's gathering in Las Vegas. Any of these trips would be GREAT! I wish I had the ability and money to be there all the time. So, if that's ever going to happen I'm going to have to improve my poker game, and have the beginning roll to sustain my play. I would that I could sit in comfort and without fear at the table. Not reckless, but not in fear of loss, as if the loss were not a make or break thing. To treat the game as a long session. Make the best decisions in each and every situation, and finally see substantial profit from the thing. What exactly is "substantial?" I'll let you know when I see it!

I have an idea of what I would have to do in order to make the Summertime WSOP excursion a reality. I would have to realize around a $1,000 profit in the small online bankroll. No, not get it to a total of $1,000, but increase it by that much. I could then "maybe" justify a trip. What would it take to make that happen? Probably more than I'll be able to accomplish anyway, as part of this pipe dream.

Here's the math of the thing... There are 155 full days left until Day One (the first of four) of the WSOP Main Event. $1,000 divided by 155 days equals $6.46 profit per day... Hmmm... I was attempting to discourage myself by doing this simple equation, but now, I'm not so sure! We're talking just over $45 per week sustained for 22 weeks. That doesn't sound so "un-doable" now. What have I done... The caveat is the startup weeks. My online roll is paltry, just a few hundred at this point, after withdrawals, and some obvious stupidity, involving blackjack among other things. : ) I'll have to look this evening and do a complete online inventory of what dollars and cents I have out there, but this could be my new project. I'll get back to you on this one... Hmmm, can I count "live" play winnings toward this as well? Of course that would first depend on me actually friggin' "winning" in live play in the first place. Again...you there in the back...pipe down, and stop laughing at me.

Continuing to ponder...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: