Sunday, April 01, 2007

Now only the TILT to pay for...

As you read in my last post...in closing I mentioned that I was up about $50 from when I bought in. So then I was only down $250 from the session before. Then there was a couple of tourneys at the house one night in which I made a bit...maybe $30. And now last night Big Red and I went along w/Frank and Julie, and JR to a tournament in Leachtown. Wild night, wild game... I hunkered down, and played strangely honest poker, no bluffing, just betting the hands that I had...and betting them hard. I was an anomoly to them at the table, they didn't quite know how to deal with me, or what to think about me. Strangely the hand that made me the most money was monster vs monster, and I came out on top. My pair of Jacks in the hole hit another Jack on the flop. I bet out again, following what I'd done preflop. I was reraised another $200. I shoved 'em all in and got called down. He flipped over J-Q which gave him two pair on the flop. I understand why he couldn't get away from it. It could have happened to me. The only other hand that really catapulted me to a second place finish, was a pair of Nines which again I bet enormously preflop. I got one caller and I busted him with my 9's to his 8's. SWEET! As I said I took down 2nd place worth $122. So, I made $82 in the process, less my buy in... So had I not gone on tilt in the previous session, I would have my money back, by now. Online blackjack will do that. I just gotta play it nice and easy. Suffer through my own stupidity! Actually I really only lost $100 in poker, it was another tilt $200 in blackjack. The "swing" was not that great, I've already surpassed it, except that like an idiot I blew it on "gambling." In the future, I'll try to remember that moment, and draw strength from it. Don't make the same mistakes twice.

I'm getting tired, difficulty keeping my eyes open, and not making much sense, so I'll see you.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Devo said...

Thanks for the comment cheer_dad. I appreciate it much!