Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Conflict


Yesterday was a "bonus" Monday. Not only was it the first day of the workweek, I got work over, and ended up being here until around 9:00pm last night. Did I ever mention that I hate Mondays? Did I mention that I didn't need another reason to dislike them at all. I was doing fine all by myself, finding enough reasons to hate the beginning of the week. To add to the frustration of the day, we were troubleshooting a problem with a set of server restores. I was winding down on the day at around 2:30 when Big Red called to inform me that one of the guys from another department said I was supposed to be available for application testing that night at 8:00pm!!! GRRR! Oh, okay, sure I'll be there. And I was, and it was a relative waste of time, other than providing my login credentials. Finally I got to leave at 9:00. During the course of yesterday I was informed that TODAY I would begin a class on WebSphere that would keep me tied up from 8:00 -- 4:30 through FRIDAY! Oh yeah, guys...I wasn't doing a "flippin'" thing! I've got plenty of time to give away for a class. Not to mention the fact that the team is still on the verge of implosion! As in the picture, we are stretched to the limit, beyond it even.
Tonight I get to go to baseball again. Cole may or may not depending on how he is feeling. He is still on his medication that he got on Saturday for Strep Throat. Coupled with the crummy weather, I think he may miss this practice. And it is still going to be cold tonight...at least I think so. I won't know till I get there. So that'll be about an hour and a half shot tonight, without my kid even being there. Then Wednesday night we've got a bunch of server maintenance work to accomplish. To round it out further is that there may be even other unplanned work to accomplish. THEN, Saturday is the Disaster Recover Test, and Sunday is our scheduled maintenance window, and frankly there is much to accomplish.
Hate to say it but it's only 11:00 am and I am already convinced that I'll be falling asleep in this class Way to irritate me .
Then there's the infighting in the team as well, and I just don't get it. I scarcely have time to deal with my own issues, let alone the petty outbreaks.
After this week I'm going to be deserving of a poker night. Really, no lie!
One bright spot in yesterday was that Bryan Devonshire "Devo" dropped by MY BLOG to post a comment! I read his blog frequently, and made a comment on his last post. He not only visited the NDPT website, but also followed on out to the Blog as well and then commented and thanked me. Thanks for dropping by DEVO, look forward to reading of your next poker adventure. I continue to live vicariously through the poker pros! :)
Well time to get back to the business or class at hand. Thanks all who've stopped by.
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: