Monday, April 16, 2007

Sigh of Relief!



I know it always seems to take me a while to get out here to post about my weekend goings on, but thanks for bearing with me nonetheless. Friday, Big Red and I went to the Yanok's to play. We "dragged" JR and All-In-Allman along for the ride. It turned into a late night. Well it didn't get started until 9:00pm. And we promised ourselves that we wouldn't stay for game number 2...but we break promises from time-to-time, and this was one of those times. 14 players started out the first tournament, buy in of $20+ $5 for the year end entry. I finished 2nd and won $70. I got beaten by a guy who I had earlier crippled at the table, when my pocket Q's held up against his A-Kos. He was down to 3 green chips at the point, but somehow managed to come back from the brink. I got into a heads up with him at the end. I don't remember the hand, but I do know that I got in with the best of it preflop, but it went south on me. I'm not sour about it. Scott B's a GOOD player, and nothing he did, no move was wrong, and I respect that. Since I won, Big Red was all for staying for Game #2. Neither of us cashed on that one. I need to find out how much I added to my year end standing. Mr. Yanok devised a points system for the year end game, that takes into account your finish place and the $5 entries for the night. I've cashed 2 times now so far this year, in 4 qualifier games (one per month) Your finish place will determine your chip stack for the end of the year game. Yes, that's right, dissimilar chip stacks to start. This may be a very interesting game! I think I'll need a few more cashes to keep the natives honest...okay to at least be on an even playing field. At any rate, I think we got back home in the 3:00am-ish neighborhood. I admit drinking...I admit having a shot of something or other, but the following morning, afternoon evening and on and on I had a headache. The weather had changed outside and brought on a coldfront, that wreaked havoc with my sinus passages. No amount of Tylenol took away the pain. Despite the ache, we hosted another game the following night. We had 16 people show up for a two table tournament. $25 dollar buy-in in this non-NDPT-points tournament. When the dust settled on the night...I WON!!! We ended up playing another smaller tournament for $20 after that one, which I could have done without! I didn't drink a thing that night, but the headache lingered on into the night. I didn't place in the second one, but I was very happy with the 1st place finish on the first one. Even though the WIN on the first one, was due to a suckout on my part. I was just tired. The second game, I got sucked out on, when I was holding the Pocket Rockets. But the winner of that game was the one who I'd sucked out on in the first so I guess what goes around, comes around.


So, the weekend tally just for me (sorry Big Red, you're on your own when I'm counting up earnings) I bought in for $25, $20, $25, and $20 ($90 total.) The Winnings were $70 and $195, for a profit on the weekend of $175. Now I officially give myself permission to stop kicking myself for the recent online loss. I think my profit and loss has swung the other way. Now if only the money weren't going for other things. But it's okay, I climbed out of the hole I'd dug. And now, I breathe my sigh of relief!



Now, back to battle...



Regards,





cheer_dad

No comments: