Sunday, April 22, 2007

Why yes, that is my ass...


I went with that title since I got it handed to me. I donked away $25 in NDPT Tourney #4 last night and got busted out first. My A-Q lost to A-J when he Mike flopped top two pair on me. Stellar year cheer_dad, stellar year! I followed that up with a venture into the cash game. I bought in for $20, like most everyone else. At first I climbed up to $29, then took a turn for the worse, and donked it all off in a few short hands. Final hand was my A-J coming up against two players, who both as it turned out were holding A-Q! It was kind a like that hand was saying, "Hey douche bag, remember me!!! But I cooled off, and have thought through my donking ways from last night, and figure, ehhhh, there's always next month, and the next, and the next one after that. However, I had free time to kill today, so opted to logon to UB and play some .50/$1.00 NL. I bought in for $100. I was doing well and was at $120 for the session, when I get dealt K-K! From Middle Position I bet pot, making it $3.50 to go. I get one caller. Oh goodie! Flop comes out Jack high...and I bet out 11.00. Player pauses for a long time. He calls. Turn comes out another obvious BLANK. I bet pot, for around $40. Player pauses again...long...then pushes All-In for another $24-ish. I pause slightly then push in the call. On UB, you don't see the other guys hand until after the River. But an Ace hits on the River, and you guessed it he had one. He had flopped top pair (JACKS) with an Ace kicker, and despite my advertising a superior pocket pair, he called me down. I got my money in with the best of it...and got SPANKED. He replied, wow my reads are really off. He was assuming I was putting a move on him. Hmmm, now I'd only played premium hands, and was rarely in the game at all, but he thought he had a READ on me. Maybe his read was that the poker gods liked him better than they did me. But it was a suckout... I guess he hit 1 of his 5 outs. He took down in the neighbor hood of a $162.xx pot on that hand. A quick review of the ENTIRE chat window since I'd sat down, showed only the closest pot size to be in the range of $30. How do I ALWAYS have the History Making Hands! WTF!!! So, I hung out for a few more rounds, and found my heart to be lacking. The game had beat me down. I was a loser all over again. So for the session I bought in $100, and cashed out $34-ish. No, you can't play poker like that for very long. Insult to injury, I dropped back below $400 on UB again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! This has not really been my year. So for today and last night I'm down $109! FUCK! Here we go again. I know bad word...but wow this has been a rough swing. And if you (dear reader) knew some of the things that I 'd really like to say, you'd admire me for my ability to resist. I stumbled across the picture I uploaded with the post on another blog http://pokerkat.blogspot.com/. I liked what I read, so I've bookmarked and added it to my Favorites for later perusal.
Anyway, thanks for reading. Hopefully it'll all come to an end soon, and I don't mean my playing completely, just this bad run I've been on. I'll continue to re-analyze what I'm doing and make corrections as needed. Ranting about poker here on the ole blog really helps me think it all through.
Thanks all for dropping by, if there are any of you out there.
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: