Friday, July 13, 2007

And then there were 337...

WSOP 2007 Main Event Day 3 has come to a close...and of the original starters, who ponied up the $10,000 buy in (in some fashion or other) only 337 remain! I'll tell you up front that I'm sponging content from Dr. Pauly and the Tao of Poker. If you want to read it all go there NOW! If you want my truncated take, and additional comments stick around. I really wish I was there to be covering it myself, but that's yet another unfulfilled dream, okay!?!

Recall that 621 places will be paid out in the Main Event. The BUBBLE BOY who went out in 622 place is John Sigan from Strongsville, Ohio. He will actually get to play in the Bubble Playoff later this afternoon, in an attempt to win his way into next year's Main Event. So, I guess I'm rooting for him. Always gotta support the UnderDog, and how bad can he be, he's from Ohio! : )

Jim Lucas (guy who played at The Wolfe's house) and won Game #1, is still in it, with 511,000 in chips. He's guaranteed at the least to come with over $40,000 now! Tear 'em up Jim...and bring some of it back to Parkersburg, WV on your next visit. I guarantee there'll be a game for you!

There are 337 players left. They all made the money and advanced to Day 4. They will return to the Rio on Friday at noon. The final table is set for Tuesday.

Note that Scotty Nguyen and Humberto Brenes are both still in it...both of whom VERY GRACIOUSLY posed for pictures for me while we were in Las Vegas. So, I'm pulling for these guys too. Of the other PROS that remain, to me Gus Hansen is most exciting. His wild playing style is incredibly entertaining and fascinating. Having him at a final table, would be exciting to watch! And hey how 'bout that Amazing Spider Man!!!

Some notable advancers to Day 4 include:

Gus Hansen, Huck Seed, Lee Watkinson, Maria Ho, Robert Varkonyi , Alex Kravchenko, Carlos Mortensen, Thor Hansen, Scotty Nguyen, Humberto Brenes, Daniel Alaei, Hasan Habib, Mimi Tran, and Tobey Maguire.

Some notable cashouts so far (again, not all, just ones that interest me) :

357 Robert Mizrachi $34,664
364 Pamela Brunson $34,664
459 Todd Brunson $29,883
559 Rolf Slotboom $20,320
565 Shawn Chaconas $20,320
592 Gavin Smith $20,320

Action get under way at NOON, Vegas time, today, maybe the blogs will have further updates tonight, on the action. Don't forget tonight is NDPT Event #7 at the Casa de Murray!!! Somewhere in the neighborhood of 23 players are supposed to be there tonight to play at 7:00pm. Big Red will be in defensive mode, as our BOUNTY for having taken down the top spot in Event #6 last month. Yes, she's still carrying my sorry @ss!

Enough about the WSOP and the NDPT...it's time to get back to it. Gotta earn some cash so I can blow it at the tables.

See you later tonight!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: