Thursday, July 05, 2007

Back to reality...slowly and sluggishly

I'm jet-lagging badly. The harsh reality of the return to the workplace A.V. (After Vegas) has hit me head on. I'm sluggish, my eyes have circles under the dark circles, and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to survive this day. Las Vegas is just a memory now. She beckons for me to return soon. Hopefully I will! I would like to return in October/November, but I just don't know where the bankroll will be by then. Just as I was able to stick to my guns this go around, by playing the $2/$4 table...next trip I want to step it up a notch and play harder/ smarter/ sober/ and definitely MORE poker. I got lucky in Vegas. I played BlackJack and Let It Ride and just couldn't seem to do anything wrong at all! Nothing...I ran hot for 3+ days! Then I "felt" the cooling off, and had sense enough not to blow it all off trying to catch and make it back. I was able to hold off my losses to around $200 in the last 2 days. I still came back with a lot of money in my pocket. Between us, Big Red and I brought back more money than we left with, including the souveniers, food, drinks, etc... It was a VERY GOOD trip. I have a number of great memories, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a railbird at the WSOP, snapping pictures of and WITH the pros. Even Big Red really got into it, pointing and telling where to snap a picture from time to time. THAT was a very good day indeed. I still need to get the pictures from everyone to post up to the blog and website.


But of the ones that I took while there THIS one of Scotty Nguyen is my favorite! I happened to see him as we were heading back toward the Amazon Room at the RIO where the majority of play was being held. He was on a break...and headed out for a quick smoke. He put his head in one of the "Cool Zone" fans to cool off, and I politely asked...do you mind if I snap a quick picture and I'll leave you alone. He mustered up a smile and gave me this fantastic pose. Thank you Scotty, you're a class act! I can only guess how many times you've had to undergo the flash of an amateur's digital camera on this and every other tournament. Thanks again! You made my trip.

I also got this quick picture of T.J. Cloutier as well. The man was in a hurry...but I said please and he complied as well. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to pose for yet another flash bulb that day. Hope the cards treated you well the rest of your day.


Some of my other buddies on the trip scored a lot of other pictures, which made me envious. I only wish I had been there to snap some of them too. Just happened to be that while I was there, one of the events was on break, while another continued. I'll get their pictures posted up here as soon as I get them. One of the most cordial and pleasant pros that I came across that days was quite a surprise to me...and came in the form of Humberto!
I spotted him just out of nowhere on the floor. Impossible to miss really. He had me pose with him holding his signature SHARK card capper.







He even waited around patiently and allowed us to snap another picture with my wife. I saw him again later in the hallway, posing with yet more fans, shaking hands and smiling ear to ear. Really nice guy! Thanks bunches!











I didn't get to speak to these last two pros at all, but the picture is very special at least to me. I admire both of them and to have them seated side by side in an event was a great thing to see, and although you didn't know I was there (actually walking around on the wrong side of the pseudo rail) I got this picture...which is GREAT!







Doyle and Annie next time I'll try for the handshake, but at the time you seemed otherwise engaged!

I'll post some additional pictures and commentary of the trip later, over the next few days. Hope you'll bear with me. At that time I'll start posting some of the pictures of the Brew Crew and the Red Snappers!!!

Hope everyone had a blast in Las Vegas, and we hope to do it all again REAL SOON!



Regards,


cheer_dad

No comments: