Tuesday, July 31, 2007

lard-laden

I've got to do something to get out of this fog. I'm exhausted...and lack any umph whatsoever. What's going on? I don't know, but it's all I can do just to get through the day without dozing off. AND meetings...forgetaboutit, especially conference calls. I think the cold hard truth of the thing is that fact that I'm out of shape. I'm overweight...and it's weighing on my brain to boot. I don't know how I let it happen again. I swore I'd never get this way again. But since the birth of my son...or at least right after it...I've been on a downward spiral. That's been 8 years now...and I think right now, I'm in the worst shape of my life. I'm fast approaching 40, and time is not just going to give up and let me do it all over nice and easy. Nature is and has run its course. All I can do now, is get off my backside and do something about it. There was a book I remember my aunt reading called, "Leave Your Fat Behind," which was a weight loss book, with anecdotes and humorous musings to keep the uber-dieter on track. I can still hear her laughter when she cackled after saying the name of the book. She always did have a distinctive laugh. But back to me...I have to make the choice this time and stick to it, despite the extra time in sports for my son, the activities of "dating" daughter, and every other curve ball that work/home/life has to throw my way. I've go to do something. Runnning always worked, and it was the one thing I felt good at. I ate better, but still ate occasional junk, and never deprived myself. I became a running machine, but still I seemed to have more time, and more quality time, where I just wasn't sitting there watching TV, and feeding my face. I don't remember falling asleep at work, or napping at home. It just wasn't something that I did. Now there are days that I long to just doze off. What's wrong? I'll tell you...I'm friggin' fat! The tonnage has got the best of this fat-ass...and I'm deciding that it's time to fuckin' do something about it! Fuck every lard laden fast food joint between here and home. It's time to take back my life. Wish me luck. Or better yet encourage me and join me in your own way!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: