Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A day turned around

Today wasn't going so well. Not at all... don't know why. No good reason at all. But then I got home and things improved. Really, and again for no good reason at all. Step one was to say hello to Cole and ask how the day at school went, and check on the homework situation both of which were "okay." I left him to continue playing with his wrestlers here in the family room, while I headed down to run my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Finished, showered, checked the homework. We all grabbed something to eat...then had a few various chores to take care of. Cole really pitched in and helped out, then he asked if we could pass the baseball around a little. It was one of the most enjoyable times I've had with my son in a very long time. He did well, we worked on some fundamental form, speed and accuracy. We even finished it out with him practicing "pitching." There were a few "wild" ones in there, but there was power and some really great pitches that came out. But aside from all the mechanics of the thing... it was just great spending time with my son.

I later had to go pick Whitney up from a track meet, and let her drive us home. I think I've mentioned the "learner's permit" before (shudders to self.) Well it is a reality people, but fear not, the lil blonde girl's doing a great job. Again, something very mundane and insignificant on its face, but I think this was a very good day, after all. When I tucked 'em in, I told them it was good spending time with them, and that I love them very much!

Whole day turned around just like that. They make me want to be better than I am. It's all about them. Luv ya kids!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: