Friday, May 09, 2008

Somewhere along the line

Somewhere along the line, I've performed a "core dump" of poker skill and ability. Certainly something happened, I just wish I could remember when it happened and how. Armed with such knowledge I'd quickly set about returning that which has been lost to the ole gray matter. Whenever it was the core dump had other sweeping effects as well. Along with it came, frustration and a complete lack of confidence. This is serious people. Are you hearin' me? I blew a chunk of the online bankroll yesterday and I'm left wondering what happened and reeling from the feeling. The best I could do while 2 tabling was to tread water on one table, while the other just sucked the life and cash out of me. By and large, I was slowly and painfully being blinded. Then, I'd get involved in a pot with Big Slick (several times) but never connect with it. Or I'd look down at the Hilton Sisters, but get bested by someone with a baby ace on the flop. It was a horrifying extended session to say the least. Top it all by the fact that I wasn't even enjoying it. It was just frustrating and I felt the quicksand just pulling me down. There's nothing can be done about it now, I'll just have to live with it and move on. Once your money hits the middle of the table... it's no longer yours. I have to live with it...but I don't have to like it.

Tonight is poker night at the Yanok's house. It sounds like it's going to be a big crowd. I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to redeem myself for a poor showing at the tables yesterday online. Of course just saying that could jinx me, so let's just say I'm going over to hang out with some of my favorite people and lay waste to a few bottles of beer. What could possibly go wrong. Tomorrow night while my daughter is at her 9th grade prom... a motley crew of us will be heading to the Eagles for the band, the slot machines, the booze and one another's company. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to bring along the poker chips as well. I know you're all detecting a general issue here now aren't you. Somewhere\sometime tomorrow I have to go get Big Red and my own mother a present for Mothers' Day. I didn't forget, but I do procrastinate something fierce! I was informed that this year, she wasn't buying for herself. The kids were old enough to see to it themselves (with my help.) In which, after reading between the lines, I came up with the following translation: Get off your sorry ass and go buy me something nice!!! Fear not dear... your man's on the job. Thank goodness for liberal return policies this time of year!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, wherever that may be... and none of you forget your MOMS either. You know you have one... and she already knows you for the lousy no good that you are, so this weekend prove her wrong for once, and do something nice.

Have a great weekend... and here's hoping that mine will not turn to the dark side. Oh and just in case...curse you Jack Daniels and all your filthy kith and kin.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: