Sunday, May 04, 2008

Yard work...and the friggin' rake

Abstained from poker for the day, not necessarily completely by choice. : ) But still I did abstain. No today there were several hours of yard work. I've never gotten around to having the blades sharpened on the mower, so it wasn't a perfect cutting. Couple that with the fact that I let the grass go too long, well unfortunately... it was a long, drawn out process. Despite bagging the grass I still had to rake the grass up, since it was everywhere. I didn't get to play poker but there was still a friggin' rake! Now I'm aching. And whoppee I get to go in to work tomorrow.

All that mowing time gave me time to reflect and think. It's one of the few times I can do that. I rehashed some of the game from the day before. I recognized there were a few starting hands that I played that maybe I shouldn't have...but I still came back to the two hands I discussed in the last post. Those are the ones that did me in. The Kings versus the Aces hand, well I wasn't backing away from that one and we all know it, don't we. If I'd just bought back in and had the full $20 in front of me, I'd have shoved with the cowboys. And hey, you there in the back snickering, you would have too, so just pipe down!

The 9's on the other hand, okay that wasn't my bright and shining moment in the sun. I know better... I just thought there was a window there and I was wrong. I took my lumps... I'll think twice about these things in the future now won't I. But there is no magic formula to this great game we play. And each of us will from time to time make missteps along the way. Getting up and brushing ourselves off is what we do. An opportunity to hit the felt running will be presenting itself real soon, I'm sure. Why, I believe I've already committed to playing at the Yanok's next Friday as it is. : )

Baseball game tomorrow night down at Tri-C and Whitney has a track meet too. I'll squeeze in a little time for my nervous break down. Oh and something else I just remembered. Dad called about mom's laptop. Turns out that the laptop has been around longer than 1-year, which is the term of the service contract, but... he picked up a Consumer's Report and found out that when a credit card is used to purchase a computer and a lot of other electronics and appliances, the manufacturer's warranty is DOUBLED! That's right people it appears still to be covered! In fact the other laptop of Whitney's may also be covered under warranty. Time will tell, should know something next week. I'll share it with the the faithful blog readers out there. Stay tuned.

Calling it a night soon...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: