Thursday, May 29, 2008

LOST season finale and the coming of the WSOP!!!


Lost Season 4 is about to come to a close people. I hate to see it end since I've enjoyed it so much BUT the extra time saved theorizing and reading the message boards about Lost can be utilized instead to focus all my energies on reading the blogs and message boards about the World Series of Poker WSOP 2008!!! It's like getting off one roller coaster and getting on another. Unfortunately, I may have to watch the episode later on DVR, since a bunch of us are very likely to be at the Eagles tonight, if not dinner before that. Tonight's drawing night, and another opportunity for "my peeps" and I to throw back a few cold ones... and then a few more.
Anyway, back to Lost... ABC's website provides this as the summary for the finale:
There's No Place Like Home, Thu May 29 9/8c The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue, on the two-hour Season Finale!
Sounds bland to those of you who haven't been watching, to whom I openly scoff in your general direction, "HAH!" If however you're ready to admit the error of your ways, please navigate your happy ass over to http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/ for some Lost-Goodness! Their screencaps and commentary are THE BEST! (See Big Red I do too have a life outside of poker!!!)
Speaking of poker : ) JR's plays host to this weekend's game, May 31st at 7:00pm. The poker room will be packed again for the tournament and the cash game to follow. I can't wait to see JR face off against "All-In" Allman in his brand-spankin'-new" Cleveland Browns ballcap! Steve's all about the DOG POUND!!! Errr wait, no maybe they aren't his favorite. Maybe he's really a COWBOYS man!!! (I just know I'm gonna pay for this one, but that's for taking me out of the last tournament with your friggin' Jacks.)


Also, don't forget people the WSOP begins tomorrow!!! Event #1 $10,000 Pot Limit Hold 'em starts us off at High Noon tomorrow. I'll be following the blogs for all the latest and greatest, and post up links and snippets of the goings on throughout the series, especially for those of you who find yourself trapped behind the company firewall. I urge you all to visit ALL of these blogs regularly though, throughout the series:

To name just a few : ) They on a daily basis feed an already overly encouraged addiction. Thanks guys! And I just found Up For Anything's post http://www.upforanything.net/poker/2008-wsop-poker-blogs-and-news.html which highlights all the above blogs as well as some others I didn't have (but am quickly adding to my Google Reader.) I'm in for the long haul here people. Work productivity will heretofore be non-existent.
That'll do for today.
Regards,
cheer_dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JR will never win another poker game waring that ugly hat just look at the team how many superbowls have they won?I rest my
case.