Thursday, May 22, 2008

A long weekend approaches

Last night was Whitney's school variety show (which was quite good!) Tonight Cole has baseball vs one the Vienna teams down at the Tri-C Fields. Tomorrow night baseball again vs one of the Belpre Teams, this one being held AT Belpre's fields. I don't particularly like playing there, but I'll get over it. Tonight, after the game, I'll be heading to the Eagles for Drawing Night. I think I'll be joined by JR and Chris. I may also have the mother-in-law, wife, and some visiting members of the family, in from Baltimore. Nothing like a little alcohol and slot machines to bring a clan together. : ) I'll be taking a few hours off from work tomorrow to get the lawn tended to before the weekend gets here. Why, you ask? A group of us... primarily NDPT'ers are heading to Cleveland, OH first thing Saturday morning. Big Red has got a group all fired up to head off to another Kenny Chesney stadium concert. Yeah, just us and several thousand total strangers. Drinkin', singin', partyin', just your basic redneck free-for-all. I'll do my best to make you all proud. I think I may even have a shot at winning the battle against the accursed Jack Daniels this time. I'm planning a sneak attack... and I've enlisted a few allies to help fight the good fight. Incidentally, we WILL be staying the night... at a hotel in walking (stumbling) distance of the stadium. For those among you who might question the drunk driving aspect of the adventure. I can't say anything as for my chances of avoiding public intoxication. Probably aren't good for all involved. So, as you can see folks, I've got a busy time coming my way. If my words appear to be a little slurred for the next several days in the blog, you'll understand. I'm thankful that Monday is Memorial Day, and that I have the following day off from work as well. I have a feeling I'm going to be needing the rest.

Don't forget folks... the WSOP 2008 begins in 8 DAYS. Are ya ready for some Pokah?!?!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: