Saturday, August 09, 2008

My NDPT #11 experience...

Oooooffff! Okay, NDPT #11 started off unbelievably for me. I caught so many cards, so many hands. But I was the first to recognize that getting cards early on in a tournament is the wrong time for it to happen. I was right. On the second hand of the night from middle position I looked down at pocket 10's. I limped, and got to see a flop, which gave me... brace yourself... QUADS!!! I actually made a little on this one. I, of course checked and let someone else do the betting for a while. I did bet the river and got paid, but I had to hold back a bit, since no one could have much of anything else based on the rest of the board. The very next hand, I flopped a set when I connected with my pocket 4's. By the river I made a boat! I didn't get called, but showed nonetheless. Four hands later, I looked down at pocket 7's and made the call against a mid position raiser. The flop gave me a set, but had also came out with 3 hearts on the board! But they checked to me and I bet anyway, and got one caller. By the turn I made QUADS again! I didn't get called, but showed again! Not long after I made another boat, but didn't get called again... No show on that one, as it was getting old. Then, somewhere along the line, Big Red got knocked out from the other table. It was time for a little table balancing. I was in the spot to move... and was moved in to the former chair that Big Red had occupied. That was a bad omen. I stayed out until I could get a read on people. When I finally entered a hand from late position, I looked down at AQ. I raised to 5X the BB, and figured I might get called by someone thinking I was just pushing. Didn't matter, I got raised preflop. I had made it 500, and was raised to 800 total. Of course I call here. I found pocket 5's in the hand of the other, and this time they held. Ouch. Then in the next two hands I was done. Pocket 3's were bested by pocket Queens, and then I was all in blind, and hit nothing. It was rough... but I wasn't surprised, I've seen it too many times, it just happens that way sometimes.

Anyway we're home now... but as we were leaving Mike R, took it down, for the Big Win. I believe Eric S took the second spot. Congrats guys! I'll have to wait a day or so to see how the points thing pans out. Here's where things start a changin'!!!

Thanks JR for hosting tonight, regardless of how things turned out I had a great time. Have a nice night folks...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: