Thursday, August 14, 2008

Screamin' Eagle



Nothing but a 5 hour work day to contend with tomorrow, and I use the word "work" lightly. The week has been an absolute grind, and I don't mean in a good way, like on the felt. But working for my Uncle Sam. It's like this "Unc" you've had more than your fair share of me this week. I'm heading out for some R 'n R tonight. You think it'd be a bad thing if I planned ahead for a DD to get me to work in the morning? One plus side to it, you don't have a hangover... of course on the downside, you can't walk a straight line. Then again, how often does that friggin' task come up in the workplace. Okay, okay, I'm only kidding. I'm going to down a few tonight, but I'm not planning on it getting out of hand. To those of you who will be there tonight at the Eagles, you can however expect to see one of those minor skirmishes with the accursed Jack Daniels. Incidentally, I thought the "screamin' eagle" above was apropos! Cut me some slack here people, I've been writing myself silly at work about things I couldn't give a damn about... the cliches are all I got left. The cheer_dad is tapped out. (WTF, did I just refer to myself in the third person?)

So, tonight as I go "out on the town" to "tie one on" forgive me if I say something goofy like "smoke 'em if ya got 'em" or "do you need a nipple for that beer?" Just be sure that you "respect me in the morning" and tell me I "look like hell" or "like somethin' the cat dragged in," but somebody for damn sure better be offerin' me a little of "the hair of the dog that bit me!" It's gonna be one of those nights folks!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: