Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Found notes from Harrah's poker session

Okay, there's nothing incredibly insightful here, but I did have the common sense to a least pay some attention and take some notes while I was playing in my 2nd session at Harrah's Poker Room from last week in Las Vegas. Remarkably no one was complaining that I was typing on my cellphone when I wasn't in the hand. Anyway, for what it's worth here's the rambling nature of my note taking all the while hopped up on an inordinate number of cups of coffee!

  • Third hand of the morning QQ, small win better than a loss.
  • Jr takes hit when villain hits set of 7's on river.
  • I call with AQos miss on flop fold to a bet.
  • 2nd rnd of table i pick up QQ again raise mid pos get 3 callers flop is jack high i bet n win.
  • Lot of chips flying at table many more than yesterday.
  • So tight for an hour now at $22 up.
  • In bb flop straight only take weak pot, still a win is a win.
  • Hour n half in two hands in row i look down at AJs bet out miss first time on royal flush draw. 2nd time pair aces only... Wins me nearly a $200 pot! R U kidding me!
  • 2 hrs in up $100.
  • Seat 1 asian is loose... he needs to pay me off more. : )
  • Alan Schoonmaker playing in room, writer for CardPlayer.
  • There's the girls... and 3 hrs in... time to cash out! UP $146.

I know, I know... nothing earth-shattering there, just wanted to share and re-live.
Also wanted to mention... I REALLY liked having Jennifer as a dealer. She was very kind, knew her some 80's trivia, and kept the morning game moving right along!

And I wish I could remember the name of our cocktail waitress from that morning. She was a real dynamo, and kept up with not only everyone in the poker room and sports book, but later I saw she was also serving a hellish grouping of slot machines too! I hope the tips piled high for you during your shift.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: