Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bowling continues...final, and some other sporting event

Day #2 of the City Tournament for Cole found yours truly at work applying OS patches instead of cheering him on to further bling. Instead Big Red took up that duty. I did make it there, to see him win another trophy for 2nd place in the Doubles handicapped score (yes the score not the kids.) He did well, but even he said he was better the day before. Shiny trophies I suppose soften such blows. I've seen enough of the bowling alley for a spell though.

Today there is some other sporting event I believe... oh yeah, the Super Bowl starts really soon! In fact as soon as I can get the wife ready and moving we're going up to the Eagles for the 1st half. Free giveaways, drink specials, food stuffs, drink specials, socialization, and did I mention drink specials. I think the one I had my eye one was "free beer" after each touchdown! May this be the all-time high scoring-est Super DEE-DUPER Bowl ever. That would make me SHHHHOOO happy! I'll confess I'm silently rooting for the Steelers! Shhh, don't tell Big Red. She still wincing from the fact that her beloved Dallas Cowboys won't be trotting out onto the field tonight. Hope to see some of you up there.

I'll also have to get a "trip-report" from JR, Frank, and Erik who headed down to Cross Lanes last night. There's always a story...ALWAYS! Whether it's a bad beat, a great win, or just more sad-sack stories of chucking beer bottles at the interstate signs. Whatever may have happened I'm sorry I missed it guys.

Anyway, it's nearly game time... GOTTA GO!

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Joppa Road said...

I am a Redskins fan living in England. Enjoying the game so far. The Boss still has it!