Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday, Monday

Turns out the Steelers were the better team in yesterday's Big Game. Although the "safety" they had called on them, made things seem a little weak... Sadly, had the Steelers not screwed that up and held the Cardinals where they were at 14 points, and the Steelers had gone on to score their next touchdown, and end things, Big Red would have won around $400. So, at one point she was hoping for a Steelers win, which JR pointed out mercilessly. We had a good time at the Eagles, and I think all told I bought a single pitcher for the night, but there was plenty of extra beer for free with each TD scored. So, I was rooting for the BEER TEAM!

While we sat there at the bar, I joked with JR that I had not played poker in a while and thought I might just go home and play some of my notorious online drunken poker. Well actually I did, fire up Bodog a little after I got home. I pulled up 4 tables, .10/.25 NLHE, and after about an hour cashed out up over $42. As I've said before... go figure. JR insists that when we hit Vegas, he's going to keep me drunk the whole time, since it seems to affect my winning in a positive way. I told him, that the task wouldn't be much of a burden.

The kidlets were back at school for the first time in quite a while, due to the snow and ice. In fact both of them are back there right now at 6pm too, since Whit had to cheer at a basketball game and Cole had basketball practice. So, I have this short lull in the action in order to crank out this post, as I'm sure you are all eternally grateful.

The notice for this Sunday's Texas Hold'em Tournament at the Eagles at 2:00pm was sent out earlier today, and as a matter of fact the trustees opted to publish it in the local newspaper. We may all be in the slammer before it's over. Someone just squirrel away a deck of cards so we'll have something to do while we await bail.

It'll be back to the ole grind tomorrow for me, and I'm just not looking forward to it. I just keep hanging on to the promise of Las Vegas on the 15th! I can make it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

BWoP said...

Forgot to tell you about the Harrahs cash game promotion.

If you play between 8am and noon Sunday through Thursday, you can earn $10 per hour in cash, up to $30. They give you some sort of coupon that you can redeem within 24 hours through qualifying play.

It's sort of like live rakeback.

I haven't played during these times (stupid job), but I think the promo tends to attract a lot of players.