Monday, February 23, 2009

An Ode to the Pepper Rose


I WISH that it would never close
The deli called the Pepper Rose.

Sandwiches piled with meats and cheeses
The wondrous taste how it pleases;

The Reuben oh it made me cry
It was so good I thought I'd die;

The ham and cheese wow was it good
I couldn't believe and so I just stood

There outside the Harrah's Poker Room
The hunger I felt would meet its doom.

Dream of food perfection while you doze;
Run don't walk to the Pepper Rose.
All apologies to poet Joyce Kilmer and "TREES." http://www.bartleby.com/104/119.html
After eating at the Pepper Rose Delicatessen, outside Harrah's Poker Room, I was a believer.
Mmmmm, that's good eatin'. In fact, I think that sandwich may have been the only food I had all day. Alcohol however, is a story for another day.
Regards,
cheer_dad

1 comment:

Smarta88 said...

So good it was!
And cheap prices too!