Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rode the 600


Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
~excerpt from Alfred, Lord Tennyson's Charge of the Light Brigade
(most enjoyed as delivered by Alfalfa in Little Rascals, episode Two Too Young.)

Another milestone of sorts here at the old NDPT Blog. This is the 600th post! I don't know if it even comes across your radar of observation, or if it's an event of note at all. Still, it's a pretty big deal to me! Thanks for continuing to visit me here, and I hope (at least on occasion) I write something worth reading. Regardless though, the thing does me good.

Today's a busy day, Whitney has to cheer at two basketball games today, at both high schools. Cole has bowling in a few minutes, followed immediately by Rec League basketball. Then, Big Red and I will be cramming clothes and cash into a suitcase in preparation for tomorrow morning's flight. Ring...ring... It's VEGAS calling! We've got a lot of things to get done before we leave, but we'll be there soon.

That's all for now... there's just no more time. The day begins...

Regards,

cheer_dad

P.S. Just as I'm wrapping up my post... the door bell rings with a delivery for Whitney. A dozen red roses for my baby-girl from the boy child who fancies himself to be her boyfriend. Okay Jordan I'll cut you some slack, you're a good guy and you seem to treat my daughter very well. Thank you for that... but let's keep it that way, shall we? : ) Nevertheless, kudos on the flowers. And Happy Valentine's Day all!

No comments: