Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I almost posted yesterday...almost


I was typing away at the keyboard, intent on posting to the ole blog.  I was playing on GamingClub.com at the time, remarkably things going very well, as compared to my initial 300+/- hands.  Had my account back up over the $100 mark, and was well on my way back to the black.  I hit a BOAT on the turn with my Mr.Sneaky pocket fours.  Again this is $1/$2 Limit we're talking here.  Betting gets capped on the Turn and River cards.  I've got a big smile, except what's this, oh NOOOOOOOOOOO, he's got a bigger boat!  What'd he have...a friggin' 5-8os!?!  how do you even protect against a crap hand like that.  Okay so that hand drops me back to $96-ish.  Hey, right now, I'm still happy.  At the time, I didn't much feel like posting.  I played a couple more "no-cost" hands.  But my heart wasn't in it, at the time.  However, I'm pleased, really.  I climbed up by about $30 yesterday, on a site that has thus far given me nothing but grief.  Within the next day or so, I should also be getting my $20 deposit bonus, AND if they get their DB issues resolved they should soon confirm me to PokerSavvy, and then I'll be able to cash in for a gift card of some sort.  In the mean time...there are cards to be played, and pots to be won!  Anyway that's why I didn't post yesterday.  I had this high-flying post cranked up and ready to hit send on, but that happened.  The message no longer conveyed the emotion of the moment.  And then...the moment's gone...

I went downstairs at lunch today, and actually got back on the treadmill.  I'm proud of myself, I actually ran for a full 20 minutes.  I'm sure I'll be sore a little tomorrow.  But I did it.  I'll try not to quit this go around.  If I don't the only other "around" is going to be my belly!

Oh, and I got my new work laptop!  SWEET!  Widescreen, power, bells whistles, etc...  I'm lovin' it!

There are only 29 more days, until I leave for VEGAS!!!  The rest of the world will just melt away.  May I swim in a sea of CHIPS!!!

Anyway, time to get back to what they're payin' me for.  Until next time...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: