Monday, September 11, 2006

In the home stretch...and struggling

I'm "nearly" complete with the Nine.com bonus... I need in the neighborhood of 550 point to claim my 150% now. I had built my account on there up to about $310, but man the cards have certainly gone cold on me. I've dropped back into uncomfortable territory again, sinking to $248. I'm usually okay with it down to $250, but now that I've crossed over, it sucks. I've given myself a few reality checks, to be sure, I'm still playing MY GAME. Style and requirements haven't changed, so I start analyzing other things...and sure enough, I see none of my pairs, making a set. My King high flushes being bested by the Ace, and my straights normally being rivered by runner/runner flushes. I'm also experiencing sub-par win to loss ratios. I'm even okay with a 1:10 ratio, when I'm getting in there and able to capitolize on my big hands. But lately I'm a bit below that, and the hands I'm taking down, are little more than the blinds. Remember this is $1/$2 Limit, so there is no "Too Agressive." The other thing I'm noticing, at least yesterday, is 2 or 3 people at the table who are raising/reraising/and capping a great many of the hands, preflop. And I've watched to the bitter end as they have turned over LESS THAN GOOD cards, that'll happen to hit a piece of something. Sometimes they're just playing Ace anything or King anything, but other times, it's just crap! And they're raising it every time...in every hand. And it seems to be working for them. I've watched helplessly, unable to do a thing about it. When I have caught a big hand, it usually gets destroyed on the flop, and I'm forced to throw it away, or follow it down to the bitter end, only to be rivered by some nasty set of cards.

I suppose I'll be okay, provided that in getting that 150% bonus I don't drop below $200, but it'll just suck that I had been as high as $300 and I'll just feel like I'm "settling." If I can turn this around, as has usually been the case, when I've hit this slump on this site, I may have to continue playing on the site, even though to a lesser degree than I am now, while bonus chasing. But I can feel some other site calling my name to come and get a bonus.

I sent out a reminder this morning that my tourney is this Saturday. I've already got 19 signed, so there are just 5 spots left. Get 'em while they're HOT!

In other news, the command(s) for the day are:

$ /itim/bin/StartAgent.sh
$ ps -ef grep AixAgent

Information you can use...well I can anyway. You'll probably find it absolutely useless.

Time to get back to it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: