Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thanks PokerSavvy for the freeroll!

I wanted to give a big thanks to PokerSavvy.com for putting together a great $1,000 freeroll on Poker.com last night. Although, I didn't make it to the money...I had a great time hanging out with my fellow Savvy bloggers. Played a ring game while I was there, at the .10/.25 NL level and cashed out up $10.00, so for me it was a winning night! If PokerSavvy continues to run these, and they said that they would, their site traffic in general is going to shoot up. I wish them luck! Go MATT!

In other news...I'm closing in on the Nine.com prize of $150 that I've been working for (see previous blog posts.) Another 350 points or so to go. AND, I'm out of the slump that I was wallowing in out there. Having been as high as $310, dropping to $199, I'm happy to report that I'm on the way to recovery, and sitting currently at $268. Man dropping below the $200 mark was a real blow to the poker ego. Self doubt begets tilt, begets more losing! Just say NO!!!

The week is dragging by. These 5 day work weeks kill me. I used to be on 4X10's but management decision forced leads into this crazy AlternateWorkSchedule of 5-4-9's. Basically a 5 day week and a 4 day week combined. So I get one Monday off every other week. AND this AIN'T that week!

Chatted w/a fellow Savvy person last night "skippymagoo" on Poker.com. He seemed pleased with PokerSavvy. Said that having me respond to his post on the forum had a lot to do with him signing up and going the Savvy way, particularly on Poker.com. I hope it does go well for him. Though not at my bankroll's expense. :) Sorry dude!

Saturday night is the tourney at my house at 6:00pm. There are currently 25 people signed up! That's where I had to cap it...and I've got folks waiting in the wings too!

Finally, a torrential downpour last night turned the street in front of my house into a giant lake, and a raging river in the backyard. Doesn't appear to have got in the basement anywhere. I'll have to get copies of Liz's pictures that she was taking during the storm. Also, shots of the kids playing in the water. Maybe I should hold off on showing those to Big Red! Ahhh, what the heck, you only live once.

Oh yeah...and Teresa booked our rooms for VEGAS!!! She found our mailer that got us 3 comped nights!!! SWEET!

Time to get back to the grind.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: