Friday, September 22, 2006

To paraphrase Van Wilder "[E]-mail it in!!!"


I've noticed the feature on Blogger before, but never tried it, so today I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I'm referring of course to the emailing a post to your own blog.  Cool/easy feature!  Might cause me to post more often/random tidbits to the blog, instead of waiting to throw together what passes for an uberpost for me.  By no means am I comparing my posting prowess to that of IGGY over at http://guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/.  Truly he is a world apart...I can only aspire to such greatness.  I've also been intrigued lately by the postings over at http://iakaris.blogspot.com/ aptly named "Flights of Iakaris."  I'll have to read a little further back in his blog to ascertain the reason for the difference in spelling, maybe it's just his name.  In Greek mythology  it was Ikarus.  For those among you who slept through that portion of your High School literature class, here's a quick roundout of the story:

The first name of Icaria was Dolichi but through Greek mythology it became connected to Ikarus, the first man who succeeded to fly and commemorates his fall. According to myth Daedalus, a famous craftsman, was a prisoner of Minos, the King of Crete. In an attempt to escape, he made two sets of wings, one for himself and one for his son, Ikarus, and attached them with wax. Together they secretly flew away, heading towards Athens. Out over the sea, near Ikaria, Ikarus, became excited by the view, flew too close to the sun with the result that the wax melted and he plunged into the sea and drowned. Thereafter, the sea named after him, Ikario Pelagos and the island was named Ikaria.

Hope that helps everyone get caught up!

I'm impressed by the posts of both of these bloggers, not all poker...but mostly.  The other posts helps to view them in general terms, and gain an understanding of what makes 'em tick.  This whole blogging phenomenon really has caught my attention.  I enjoy keeping my own updated now, more than ever, and I'm beginning to enjoy and look forward to the ramblings of others on their own.  

Speaking of blogging, PokerSavvy just sent me an email last night, to tell me that the last Blogger Freeroll final table was "video captured" and is available on YouTube.  So I'll have to go check that out.  I noticed that the guy who knocked me out, ultimately went on to win 1st prize in that event, for a cool $500!  Savvy has committed to having these freerolls for the bloggers, every month.  And further they have challenged us to drum up some business both to PokerSavvy and to the bloggers amongst us.  They have challenged us to hit 50 participants in the next blog freeroll.  If we hit it they will up the prize pool to $1,500.  Let's get busy boys!

Might have a small cash game tonight at the house, just not sure yet...we'll see how the day unfolds.

I, like the rest of my team, will be in here this weekend for some major Data Center Moves.  So Big Red might actually let me stick around a little longer, for bringin' in some additional bacon as it were!

I played a few hands last night on GamingClub.  My performance on their has been dismal.  I feel like such a poker loser right now, but I've re-analyzed the in's and out's of what I did on that site.  I made a big mistake, at the no-limit table, when I should have recognized that I'd stepped in a bear trap with my pocket cowboys.  I really hadn't entertained the idea that someone would chase after such a feeble looking hand on me.  But in the end he came up with his trip eights, NOT A SET...no he didn't have a pocket pair, I just couldn't fathom holding an 8, at that point in the hand.  I guess he a "playa!"  BUT it did get him the pot...and a VERY LARGE CHUNK of my cash on GamingClub.  From that point on I was playing from behind, at all times, and I felt the pressure of each and every hand.  So maybe I should just wait for the Savvy points to clear the account.  I might play an additional 30 hands to hit the $20 deposit bonus, and then swear of the site forever and chalk up the loss of $'s to experience...and consider it Lesson Learned.  But, I can get it back...I SWEAR!!!  :)

Time to get back at it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Ignatious said...

thanks for the kind words and keep up the fine blogging!