Tuesday, September 19, 2006

!!!Warning DONK ALERT warninG!!!

I'm playing a new room GamingClub Poker, courtesy of a link from the fine folks at PokerSavvy! I'm still alive...but if you'll recall my start out at Noble...well it's a lot like THAT! Coming off of great success from Nine.com (yes I cleared the 150% bonus finally,) I was perhaps emboldened. A little too much so, it seems. I just couldn't let go of those COWBOYS! No Limit...and I reraised preflop to the guy who'd been in every hand, with nothing. Post flop, I pot bet it...he calls, turn I bet he calls, river I bet...he friggin' raised me. Hmmmm not much there, nah he couldn't have been holding an eight, who in their right mind would have an eight. He couldn't have made trips, that'd be obscene...an eight! I reraise over the top...then think what the heck are you doing...he's an idiot, of course he's got the eight. What else could he have...that would just be the capper. And I was right...he had an eight, and one of my Kings. "NH" is say...all-the-while thinking something else, as I watch my $50 waltz across the table to RandomCaller I believe was the moniker. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I only deposited $100 on this stupid PRIMA site. What was I doing this early at NL...nowhere near the 300 raked hands needed for the promo. Well at least I've still got my other $50 right...Well wrong. I'm playing limit with it. Nice and Safe Limit Hold 'em...no muss, no fuss, small losses, small wins...slow steady. Yeah, and pigs fly too! Could I DONK it up anymore here?!? Let's just say I got out with very little still intact. Pride and Ego severly damaged. Poker skill and ability much in question. Do I suck...or what!?! So I get out with 32 whopping dollars to my name on that site. EEEE--AWWWW! Donk it up, loser! I clear my head...for a couple hours. Return to the scene of the crime, my blood still puddled on the table. Sheepish smiles all around the table. No I can't see them but dangit I know they're there! I hate you all. But cheer_dad's back for your donking enjoyment. Well that session went a little better. Got things back up to $52. Just a little breathing room. A total of 91 raked hands I believe, for both sessions. I need 300 for Savvy. Actually 350 gets me my first $20 back from GamingClub. And thereafter each 350 gets me another $20, to a maximum of $300, within the first 30 DAYS ONLY! A smart man...would play a smart game...but I'm stuck with me, so I can just do my best I suppose. Hopefully I can at least win back to my original buy-in, and fade away into poker anonymity.

Focussing on lighter fare...like I said I finished Nine.com earlier on Monday. $100 deposited, $150 in bonus, $220 in winnings, + $100 gift card through Savvy for getting the points. So I turned $100 into $570 in just over a month. Not too bad for a DONK!

NDPT had it's tourney this weekend at my house. A whopping 26 people played. Again Matt J walks away with the top prize, inching ever closer to the top of the Points Pyramid. There are only 3 Points tournaments left before the end of the year, and then only the Year End Bash remains. Eyes on the prize...eyes on the prize.

In other news...I bought my daughter a parakeet yesterday afternoon. After much discussion...the bird has finally been named Trixie. I'll have to remember to snap a picture of it later tonight for the blog. I had to face the wrath of Big Red for a while, but she mellowed, on me...ahhhh, me and my boyish charm. :) That can't be it...she must have something in store for me. Oh hello dear!!! WHAM!

Anyway, that's enough for today. That brings me up-to-date with life events, thus far.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: