Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Enjoying the break in the action

Okay, that's not entirely true. I've reduced my play, just out of necessity. The losing streak was having an effect on my play. Tilt monster was beginning to stir from its slumber. What I found was that I wasn't playing each hand my best. I was lounging through some of them. Not paying as much attention as I should. I found some words of wisdom over at at Poker1.com from Mike Caro. I printed off a couple of his lectures and articles, and read them this week during a skating party that I took my son to. It made the time pass very quickly, and actually had me feeling a little better about the game of poker in general. The article made me realize that the fact that you DON'T KNOW when a streak (good or bad) will end you've got to be positioned and playing your best to avoid suffering greatly from a negative swing. Conversely, if things are going well at the table, then you should still be playing your best, to maximize the profits that are available. In short, maximize wins...minimize losses. Simple statement...difficult to fulfill. It is what it is... Deal with it.

It's time for a meeting so I've got to bring this to a close...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: