Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It ain't over til it's over!

We watched Rocky Balboa last night. (shhhhh, screener copy) It was a very good movie. I really enjoyed it. It was more about story and drama than ever before. Sure there were a few speeches along the way about bein' a man...and givin' it one last shot...but hey...it's a Rocky movie. I liked it, and that's good enough for me. As proof that Rocky still has an impact I offer up the fact that following this movie, my son went immediately to his room, changed into a muscle shirt, and put on his kiddie boxing gloves, and spent like the next hour or so jogging in place in front of the tv and shadow boxing. So the message is as powerful today as it always was. There's a lot of heart in the character of Rocky and it has shown through the generations, through to this final chapter of the saga.


One question though...when did they take down Rocky's statue from in front of the library?!
Hmmm. what's Google got to say...
http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/11/19/us/19rocky.html

Well now, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. And here I thought it had been there All Along!

Let's see what else...well nothing much really. I'm back at work, just watching the clock. ARGHHH!

And there is no poker content to this post at all, since I didn't play at all yesterday. I logged on at one point to UB, but sighed...and said to myself, I'm really not in the mood for this today. Now THAT is shocking! Maybe I'm coming down with something.

Well time to get back to it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: