Wednesday, December 20, 2006

When Blackjack paves the way...

It can't be a good thing for blackjack to be a profitable venture to subsidize my poker playing! But lately, after a few ill-placed suckout experiences where I got the worst of it in a couple of no-limit games on UB, my head was spinning, and the Tilt-Monster was threatening to come out to play. I "sat down" on both sessions at an online blackjack table. Remarkably...both sessions won back what I'd lost in poker, plus a wee-bit more. I broke through the $700 ceiling AGAIN on UB, still shy of the $730 level I'd been at before the previous blog entry mentioning a slump of sorts. I'm just a little weary of the 1-step up and 2-to-3-steps back! I'll stop whining now.

I mentioned on the NDPT website "http://ndpt.freewebpage.org/" that TJ was the NDPT Cup Champion for accumulating the most points this season. But it bears mention here as well. I of course was 4 points behind him in second place. I'm happy for him...and also proud of my own showing. One last game for this year. The $50 buy-in End-of-the-Year tournament on December 30th. I've got about 23 signed up so far. So, it's going to be another Big Game. The difference on this one is NO REBUYS! Also, for some reason the jump to $50 makes the game tighten down. Seemingly, way down. So much so that last year there were times that I was a table agressor, which is not a role that I'm typically in. Although, judging from some of the reading I've done lately, and what I've observed, it is a behavior that I'm going to have to foster in my game. Without it, I fear that I'm going to become more of a target as time goes by. There was a time that my rock solid tight play, was effective and respected at the table, but now more players seem to be undeterred by it when I do finally enter a pot. My presence needs to be more fully articulated at the table...I have some thoughts in mind to expand upon my table image, but I will NOT elaborate them here, in this very public blog...I mean DUH!!! I'm not going to show you my play book!

The holiday season is getting me down. I wish I knew why...but I've noticed this in previous years, and it is disturbing. It really sucks to recognize a trait or a reaction, but be unable to do anything to change it. Perhaps I just don't know "what" to do about it. Maybe a Google or two is in order. "How to combat the holiday blues...?" :)

Anyway, it's another day...another dollar, and it's time to get back to it!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: