Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Is there a kick me sign on my back?

Tonight I'm getting pushed around at $1/$2 limit table Vista, playing on UB. I haven't been able to make pocket 8's or pocket J's pay tonight. Against the 8's, when 3 sixes flop, I run into the guy holding pocket K's. My pocket J's get called down by a Q-7 and you guess it, he hits his Queen, and is impressed with his play. I just got pocket J's again, and actually made 'em pay that time. Then a few short hands later I see my rockets, and get raised preflop...I reraise and get two callers. The turn gives me a set, but there's a straight and a flush draw out there. The third caller stays with me til the end and shows his pocket 10's which have conveniently filled in the straight to the ACE!!! Arghhhh. Also, every time I've had the pocket pair, there's a better pocket pair or my Aces get busted. Go figure. What's that statistic something like 40% that if you have a pocket pair, someone else at the table will have one at that moment as well. I think it ought to be much higher than that, in line with my own experiences. When I have the pair...they will have a bigger pair, or receive phenomenal help on the flop. But that's why we LOVE the game! But it could be WORSE. I mean I'm only stuck at these two tables combined for $13 so far.

The other table was paying me good for a while...but we'll just have to see how it all pans out. I'm watching a lot of guys getting to drive the action tonight...and it ain't me either. Some other night maybe. But hey...what else would I be doing right. I'm just not gonna let it bug me. Well until just now when my Big Slick gets clobbered by Big Chick. By the River I have the King high flush...and get greeted by the Ace High flush.

I've been getting plowed over by monster ugly beats all night, BUT I somehow turned it around and finished up by $17 for the night, including some converted Pending Bonus $$$'s! The Vista table (the one I was whining about earlier, ended up being the one that carried the night for me. I cashed out on it up $33, the other table drained that amount by a bit. Earlier I was doing great on that one. Go figure. Considering though that I'd been down by over $50 at one point tonight though, I'll take it! Especially when for the most part I was playing good poker just getting drawn out on. The guy with the 8-3os against my pair of 10's w/Ace kicker frosted my ass for a bit, but now I feel better! :)

Anyway, I survived to play another day, and isn't that really what it's all about at least for now? Not til after I retire...can I focus on a poker career! Big Red says so!!! :)

All for now.

Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: