Thursday, January 25, 2007

Well that didn't work

Since Neteller pulled the plug and some of the other ewallet solutions are beginning to roll UP the red carpet to the U.S. my mind has begun to wander toward the end of the spectrum that takes all my poker money (the whole bankroll) offline. Say it ain't so. But as more and more avenues continue to close for me to withdraw and deposit money, it becomes more worrisome. Will I hit a winning streak, and then lose not through bad play, but because I have had money stranded from me. Currently the only option at my disposal to take almost all of my money offline is for me to request a check from each of the poker rooms to which I belong. Each has afforded themselves in the neighborhood of 21 days to issue that check to me. The money is no longer liquid...well it's a least a little coagulated. I kept hoping this would start to pan out, but with each day, seems to come more bad news on the online gaming stage. So, I've been reviewing my options. I still feel reasonably safe on UltimateBet...maybe not $840 safe...but I'm going to ride this one out for a time, since the option to have them cut a check to me is still available. I've requested cashout from GamingClub...and that will take a few weeks, since it is in check form. Poker.com I have a small amount still there, but thus far they offer only a check service but charge like 20-30 bucks for a cashout, and in the fine print state that a free option should be coming soon. So, I'll wait for a while on that one. But, I'm not happy with how I was treated by customer service on this. Their email responses spoke down to me. So, sorry Poker.com, if ever poker returns to the former glory days, I don't think I'll be rejoining you. There were other more compassionate, and heartfelt responses from a lot of other rooms. I was really happy with FullTiltPoker either. I only had $100 there, but they only allow checks for those with greater than $300. No other option is currently available to me. So I thought I'd play for a while last night. Well now I have less to lose by continuing to play! Sheesh, what a dismal session at 2 tables of $1/$2 Limit. I was getting creamed with Sets, Flushes and Boats. I was brutal on the ego, and disastrous to the chipstack. Barely got out alive with just over $56. But, there's always the next time, right...and I can't win 'em all. I think I will probably lose a nominal sum in all, amongst all of the poker rooms to which I belong. It got to me a little bit last night, and yes TILT was on its way in, when I pried myself away from the keyboard. I keep wondering what's going to happen when the curtain finally falls on online poker. It has become a big part of my life, BUT by the same token I play a LOT more live games anymore, too. My big tourney is once a month, but there's usually a game there at least every other week. Add to that the fact that Eric holds his cash games and tourneys in the warmer months. Then the Yanok's games...top it off with a seemingly never ending string of other/higher stakes games, that I could take the plunge and join into. I used to prefer the convenience of online poker, but anymore, I can find a game nearly any day of the week. And at the drop of a hat I can generally put together a game at my own house, and have a least 2 tables running. So although one door closes...another seems to be opening up. Still sad to let it slip away.

Work still continues to exhaust. It's taking a toll on us all. I hope it slows down soon. This pace is not sustainable. It cannot continue...but...it must. The battle cry of configuration management may very well be the death of us all. It sucks to lose...it sucks even worse to lose to a chump. CM rises to the level of chump.

So ends another rant...another depressive outpouring.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: