Monday, January 08, 2007

What am I doing here?

I've been reading a lot of other Blogs lately. Some poker related but by-and-large they are not. One that I wandered across though really started me thinking. What am I really trying to do with this blog anyway? Sure I'm chronicling the activities and misadventures of the N Debt Poker Tour crew, but those "official" games only occur once per month. (Well lately there have been a lot more frequent games here in the ole Murray basement.) But still that's not enough to really fill up a blog. It's not always going to spark a lot of interest to anyone but me in the first place. So, again what am I doing here? Well this blog is a small window into my life, and the things that make me tick, the things that I think about, what makes me happy, and what troubles me in general. Likes, dislikes, you name it I'll try to include it. But I need to do a better job of making it entertaining, and useful to others around me. I'll strive to make things interesting, and hopefully thought provoking to each and every one of you. Okay, okay, I know I'll never be able to get to each and every one of you, but I'll put forth the effort anyway! For that matter I don't even know if anyone even reads this blog. But if there's an audience waiting for a blogger and they browse through this one...I'd like them to hang around for awhile, and get to know me. Hopefully you (the reader) are one of those who will stick around!

I guess to sum this up...I want to do a better job with my blog for all of you...and specifically for me. For some crazy reason, this blog is important to me. I'd like over time for it to become important to some of you as well.

I resisted playing online poker today, on my day off from work. Alarming isn't it! The numbers of available tables were way down. I watched a few tables for a few rounds each, but was watching 4-5 people seeing the RIVER, and capping the raises in nearly every betting round. Then, of course watching some idiot with a 7-2os walking away with it. Now how's that improving their game? How's it going to improve mine? If I just wanna play to play, I can play for free at the play tables. But I'm not involved in this game of poker just for fun anymore. Now, I'm not largely profitable. But I have started "keeping score" by the money in my bankroll, instead of some of the other dimwitted ways I've seen others using to determine whether they are any "good" or not. I also don't blow the bankroll. And only tap into it, in small chunks, if at all. I do my best to nurture the little beast. My hope is, if I'm good to it...it'll be good to me.

I've been working on moving the NDPT website to my new Suddenlink location. All the while trying to incorporate some changes and improvements. If any of you have ANY ideas about what you'd like to see on the website or in this blog for that matter let me know, and I'll do my best to oblige you.

Anyway, thanks for reading and sticking with me.

Don't forget it's a new NDPT year...so the points battle starts ALL OVER AGAIN. Tournament #1 of 2007 is already scheduled for January 20th at 6:00pm. See you all there. Bring your A-Game!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: