Sunday, February 17, 2008

Return to poker

My return to pokerdom has been good! Friday night at the Yanok's I finished in fourth place, to get my money back... and also qualified for the year end game. Hey, I was lucky on several hands up to that point and was happy to break even. Last night, at JR's (NDPT #2) I made the final table, where honestly the game began for me. In the end Vince Post and I squared off against each other in heads up play. After a half dozen or so hands, we opted for a chop. Since Vince had a chip lead on me at that point, I was happy to let him have the 1st place bragging rights! Remarkably on the trail to the finish, I only took out a total of 3 people. Two of those were on the most memorable hand of the evening to me.

I'm in late position, Sally is all in from the blinds for $600. Julie calls, Dennis makes it $800 (all-in for him.) I look down at the Hilton Sisters QQ. I shove all in for an additional $2,300. Julie goes in the tank and finally calls it down, and flips over AKos. I flip my Queens, then Sally and Dennis each flip over a KJos. My odds have improved, with some of her outs disappearing. I end up flopping my set...which makes me shake for a while, when on the turn, all that is needed is a 10 for me to get screwed beyond belief. I dodge the 10. Take down a monster pot and am able to run over smaller stacks until we get down to heads up. Profit on the night is $140. I'll take it. Also JR reminded me that I'm now the "theoretical" chip leader. A 3rd place cash, and now a 2nd place...I'm good and consistent. Let's keep it that way.

After the game several of us went upstairs and Brady put in a movie for us to enjoy, Jackass 2. I hadn't watched it or the first one before, and although much of it was gut wrenching there were just parts you couldn't turn away from. I laughed so hard I was cryin'. I still can't get over the claymore mine with the rubber beads in it, that they shot off, at the guys. Very brave, very stupid...just WOW!

Now, we're just havin' a quiet evening at home. I'm tired and am glad I'm off tomorrow. Not sure I'll ever get back into the grind of work. We'll see. Time to hang it up.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: