Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend wrapup, and Happy B-Day MEGAN!

Tournament night at JR's last night was once again a lot of fun! I cannot complain at myself for any poker move that I made all night. No mistakes, some good cards when it counted, but all that still was not enough to take it down. You can do everything right in this game...and still lose. And I'm okay with that. Play the game... play it right... hope for the best.

I received further confirmation of my old addage in one hand in particular. When you have a pocket pair at the table, invariably someone else will too. In an uncharacteristic move for me, I limped into a pot from middle position with KK, figuring that someone would raise it up, and it happened. Unfortunately, it was Big Red who raised it up...but then there was more. Robert shoved all in, and it comes back to me. Now I pause. Does he have 'em? The Accursed Bullets? This is gonna leave a mark, is stuck in my mind... but these are the hands for which we wait. I shove, over him... in hopes of isolating to just him, which worked out for me. He tabled his pocket 10's, so I breathed a sigh of relief. I nearly put him on the Aces... I hit a set of Kings, and took it down. Big Red revealed that she'd folded pocket Queens. WOW! That was a phenomenal lay down. I'm really proud of her. Robert... I always end up in situations like this with you...ALWAYS.

In the end I made it only to 7th place... sans a payout. Big Red made it to 4th! The big one... went to Steve "All-In" Allman! Congratulations man!

Some of us ended up at the Eagles. I know, what a shocker! Had a great time as always. Glad to share yet another evening with each and every one of you.

Oh and in today's news, SEVERAL of us headed to Pizza Place today, to wish lil Megan Brothers a Happy 1st Birthday!!! Congratulations and many happy returns. Thanks Chris and Laura for letting us share in the Big Day!!!

And with that, I'll wrap it up.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: