Monday, February 11, 2008

Shepherdstown simulation under way...

The ICONS simulation has begun. We met breifly prior to ending our afternoon session, and outlined some of our purposes. The scenario revolves around Shell Oil Company expanding its drilling operations in the African nation of Nigeria. In addition to Shell, the Nigerian government, Nigerian military, the Odoni people, The Women's Group Coalition, the International Monetary Fund, and Human Right Watch, my team and I are representing Greenpeace! See I told you this gathering was about tree hugging, and singin' kumbaya, didn't I!!! Okay, it's not as all bad as that.

I'm really please with the team that I'm working on and we will continue in this vein through the remainder of the week, in addition to the many other projects that are coming to fruition as the week draws to a close. I actually may get to finish up with this little training encounter on Thursday afternoon. That'd be cool, would get me home early and I might even get there, barring bad weather by the time LOST is coming on. Now would I actually make it in to work on Friday...hmmm...

Hope all is well on the other side of the "wild and wonderful." JR are you seeing to Big Red's needs? If you drink the last of the beer in the fridge, you damn well better restock!

Chris and Laura I really had a good time on Saturday. Dinner at Logan's was great and I know Teresa had a ball. And the slot machines certainly were hummin' that night. And you ladies were able to easily find the "Cash Out" button. How great is that!!!

Chris... Big Red mentioned "not" going to Wheeling Island after JR's but instead maybe just waiting until the next day, and leaving early. I think she's itchin' for some table game action West by god Virginia style!!! Let It Ride, 3 Card, BlackJack... oh yeah... I'm salivatin' myself.

I'm currently posting to the ole blog here in Rumsey Tavern, (the hotel bar.) I'm sampling the local hops and barley blends, courtesy of the Mountaineer Brewing Company. Just chilling out and unwinding from a long Monday. Although long... and at times exhausting I've enjoyed my time here in Shepherdstown, and I have to commend the training staff and their program. As much as I hate to admit it... I'm sure I'll be back for another round in the near future, since I can see the "+EV" in it. Are they turning me to the dark side? Only time will tell.

And with that...I'll bid you all a good evening, with a special shoutout to my simulated Greenpeace brethren in arms. Oh wait...we're non-violent, so it's just a shoutout. "All we are sayin'... is give TREES a chance!"

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurry back...JJ's taking my chips and turning me off of this damnable game forever. I need to play with someone a bit more sympathetic to my plight. Friday night game...got to make it. Need to place or be damned.