Friday, March 14, 2008

Allman's gauntlet

And just in time for the weekend we've got RAIN, to go along with our nosebleed high GAS PRICES! But there are some rays of sunshine in an otherwise joyless world. Tonight's the Yanok's Poker Tournament (March qualifier.) And others among the greater NDPT collective will as well be joining Shuman for his cash game extravaganza. The bad beats and gnashing of teeth will be heard all over town. : ) That's the story for tonight, so yes I'll be playing poker tonight. BUT tomorrow night's where the story will be. I'm hosting NDPT #3-ish. Yes, boys and girls this is a points qualifying game, and YES that is MY NAME currently listed on top of the LEADER BOARD. (Pauses briefly to toot own horn...) I received a smack talk email earlier from one "All-In" Allman informing everyone that he was gunning for me. According to Frank, "The gauntlet has been thrown." So, oh yeah... it's go time baby! I absolutely love the sentiment as Steve put it though:

"GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! (not really its just something you say.)"

Great insight in those words...yeah, it's gonna be a real shame when I send you to the rail tomorrow night.

If anyone has difficulty in finding me this weekend, I'll be the one crawling into the bottle of Jack Daniels. Time to drown some more of those demons and let the battle rage on. See some of you tonight, the rest tomorrow.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: