Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day, to you and yours


Today's a fine day for the wearin' o' the green, don't cha know! And in the spirit of this most festive of holidays here's my most favorite of all Irish blessings:

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Can you be at all surprised that this would be one of our favorite holidays? I mean my last name is Murray, and I married a fiery red-headed lass by the last name of Flanagan. I swear if you cut us we'd likely bleed green, especially today. So raise your glass and join the celebration.
May the luck of the Irish be with you each and every one today, and throughout the year.
As for the weekend that was, it was yet another Poker Palooza. Friday night at the Yanok's was as always a great evening. We stayed for both games on this night. I didn't do so well, but the lovely Big Red held up her end, taking down the top spot in tourney #1, and the March qualifier. Her place in the year end event is assured and likely to be accompanied by a great many chips. The second game ended quickly for her when she ran in to what I can only term as Hurricane Melinda! Melinda was new to the game, but a long time friend of the Yanok's. She was nice, and we all liked her, but she definitely had Lady Luck perched on her shoulder. I've never seen someone play so many hands with absolutely nothing and come out on top. My hats off to you, I'll take luck over skill any day. (Now really... about those lottery numbers that I asked you for!) Melinda ended up finishing 2nd in that 2nd tournament, to Frank Wolfe, who admits that she almost took him down too. He was forced to abandon any semblence of a real strategy when it came down to heads up play. Thank you to Shelly for having us for the night, and Brian, sorry you were stranded at the airport in Detroit was it. See you next time.
The following night (Saturday) was NDPT #3-ish, held right here at our home. A group of 24 people showed up to play. Many of you in festive pre St. Patrick's Day warm-up mode! Chris, have your teeth and lips returned yet to their normal color? Matt and Scott L ended up chopping the pot when they got down to heads up. Congratulations! I was pleased yet again to make a final table and cash out up for the night. Thus far consistent play has netted me a small profit for the year and put me atop the NDPT Points race. But that's enough of me tootin my own horn isn't it. Then again, if you don't like go get your own damn blog! : ) Seriously though, thank you to all who showed up and made the night a great success, once again.
I'll be seeing many of you this weekend once again over at JR's house, while the ladies enjoy a "PartyLite" party, the men folk will be in the basement as usual drinking beer and playing cards. See you all soon!
Regards,
cheer_dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.