Friday, March 28, 2008

RTFM... this time there isn't one


It's unfortunate. They don't come with and instruction manual. Sometimes they throw you the unexpected curve-ball. I'm talking kids. For all the good; there is also the bad and the ugly to be dealt with and managed. The past couple of days have seen me into uncharted waters in parenting, however, remarkably I have NOT completely lost my mind or composure. Okay, so I was closer to losing the latter, than the former. But as a family unit, we are all doing our best to get through a rough patch. Let's just say that teenage angst and the emotional/hormonal roller coaster ride that is adolescence is just dizzying in its effect. Only together as a family will we survive and grow. Perhaps how we as parents deal with the problems of our kids, and how they disappoint us is really the true measure of our strength. Then, again maybe it's a wonder that any of us has survived at all. But in spite of it all, I still love and support both of my children, and I wouldn't change a thing. Enough on the subject... moving on!

Baseball season is here. It's our first year in the "kid-pitch" league. I've been warned these games can be marathon like, even death march-ish. But, whatrugonnado?! It's for the children. No, I don't think it's going to be as bad as all that. I enjoy the games, I enjoy the kids. Heck, I even like a few of the parents. Now if only they served beer at the concession stand. I think we could fund just about anything we wanted at the ball fields, if we had just the profits from that. But that's a pipe dream, I know. Wouldn't be role model-ish now would it.

Big Game (poker) at JR's tomorrow. One table tournament, $100 buy-in. Cash game to follow, joined by some additional players at that point. There's a skilled crowd with far-reaching styles to be contended with. It'll be interesting, fun, and likely exhausting mentally all at the same time. I for one am looking forward to it. Even if I'm just there to donate to the others. Not my plan... but always a possibility.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: