Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cincinnati Reds Legends Camp... part 2

I won't go overboard but here's a few more of the shots from the Cincinnati Reds Legends Camp.

Cole with "Gapper"

While looking around for info on "Gapper" I came across the following link that gives background on ALL of the Mascots of the MLB. There are some really cool stories on their origins. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_mascots.
Gapper is the current mascot for the Cincinnati Reds. He was first introduced as the furry companion to Mr. Red, the long-time mascot in the winter of 2002 as the franchise was preparing to move to their new home, Great American Ballpark. The mascot was created by David Raymond's Raymond Entertainment Group, the founder being the man inside the Phillie Phanatic costume from 1978 to 1993. A young fan won two season tickets for submitting the winning name.


Major League Hopefuls! : )

Aiming for the fence!


Bringin' heat...


Herm and Leo were among the most enjoyable of the professional staff.

Thanks to all those who made the Cincinnatti Reds Legends Camp a success! You made a lot of wonderful memories for at least 2 little boys, one my 9-yr-old son, and two the boy inside of me that just refuses to grow up. My son asked on the ride home about the professional baseball players, "so their job was to play baseball?" My answer, "yup, getting paid to play a game." To myself I thought, and son if the whole baseball thing doesn't work out, there are an awful of other guys getting paid to play a game of a different sort, involving a deck of cards and some clay chips! : P Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: