Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recap of last night's game, weekend's nearly gone

The Yanok's poker game went on into the wee hours of the morning, since always there were two tournaments to be played. I didn't fair so well in game #1. I mean I made the final table of 8, but didn't make the money. I shoved from late position with a K-10 in hopes of adding to my swiftly dwindling stack, only to be called by Matt, with a healthy stack. I was dominated by A-10. I threw out that it was a split pot, which raised a few eyebrows, for a second, but quicker minds took over. I got a few comments of "how much you drinkin' boy?" So I grabbed another beer and took a breather outside while i waited for the next game to begin. Big Red took down 4th in game #1 helping to pay for the evening. Congratulations! Matt was the winner of the tourney, and also put in a big win which got him qualified for the year end event!

Game #2 had fewer players but still a two table affair. A little short handed action, which was cool change of pace. A lot looser style for even me. Big Red and I both made it to the final table, and actually we both got paid. She took 3rd place and I took 2nd in that one, and had to go heads up against Mike. It was a short lived heads up session as the blinds were expensive, and he went on a roll when he hit on subsequent hands JJ, QQ, and then JJ again! Congrats Mike!

Of course it was after 2:00am when we dragged ourselves home. So we slept in. I actually unwound with a couple of el cheapo SNG's on Bodog, before nodding off to sleep. I cashed in them both, so the night went pretty well. Our poker run for this year, so far (knock on wood) is going pretty well. We're both qualified for Yanok's year-ender game, and currently in the NDPT standings I'm holding the top spot, by a small margin over my wife! Still lots of poker to be played, so I'll have to continue to bring the "A" game.

Back to the grind tomorrow. Jump right back in to the insanity. I can't wait to hear from my wife later in the day on how things went at work, in light of what happened on Friday. Stay tuned for that update. I hope the karma kicks in and pays a visit to the previously mentioned weasel. Like I said before payback's a bitch.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: