Saturday, July 26, 2008

WARNING, the F-bomb will be dropped in this post...

A friend of ours has been wronged, by a cowardly, lying, insignificant, little man. She was fired without cause yesterday! (Don't stop and question that statement to yourself, it is what it is, she got fired for nothing.) The girl was fired from her job of 1-1/2 years having never been written up, reprimanded, or otherwise informed that she wasn't doing a good job for her employer. All that she was told when she was fired Friday evening at "closing-time" was that she and the worthless bastard of a boss just weren't going to be able to get along anymore. Oh and by the way the sniveling little weasel didn't even have the balls to fire her on his own, he called the manager of the other office and had him do it while he pretended to run off on an errand. When our friend asked what she had done to deserve being fired she was told "nothing." She reminded the other little weasel of a man that did the firing that she had never been written up or reprimanded in any official manner. Further, reminded him there was nothing like that in her personnel file. He agreed. Then, she paused to ask, was there something in her file that she wasn't aware of... This wasn't answered, so much. She asked to see what, if anything, was in her file and then she was told that "he didn't have to show her anything as she was no longer an employee." What a miserable fuck! Only the guy who caused her to be fired can possibly eclipse his degree of "fuck-ness" in my mind at the moment. I'm not sure what the girl will do now. Of course, life will go on, it always does whether we like it or not. She'll find another job and hopefully a better working condition for herself. Big Red and I will do anything we can to help her. We went out with her last night and some of her other friends to console her, make sure she ate, and help get her at least somewhat liquored up. She has my deepest sympathies. Her enemy is also my enemy. She will seek legal counsel, which I can't blame her at all. There are additional matters with which to be reckoned (i.e. harassment and behavior bordering on stalking.) I hope she shoves them all straight up his ass. I reserve for him my worst condemnation... he's a Motherless Fuck!

Okay, to those of you who think I've gone a little "blue" on you here. Cracked the "profanity nut" so to speak... You know me. You know it takes a great deal to make me angry. I have had 40 years to tame and train a temper, and honestly playing cards and avoiding tilt for the last several of those years has benefited me greatly. BUT, there is a time for anger. There is also a time for revenge. Yes, there are times every once in a great while someone really does deserve an ass-kicking. And on top of that sometimes only one thing'll make you feel better, and my friend Erik P, once summed that up quite well. "Sometimes, the only thing that will make you feel better is just to punch someone in the face!" I know, I know civilized society dictates otherwise. But how many times have you really just wanted to a little "Sopranos-style" justice? Take the guy down to pavement, and just kick the shit out of him!

Anyway, as I do on a number of occasions, I look for a quote to sum up my mood and general outlook on life. I've taken to finding one throughout the week and emailing it to my team at work, as a way of provoking thought, reflection, and a small attempt at building team unity. The jury's still out on whether or not it helps, but it does tend to get people talking. That's never a bad thing... I think. Today, I needed a quote to help me grasp it all. So I headed over to the Subjects page of http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/ to find one. My thoughts and mood are anger and revenge. Luckily, for me they had both. Unfortunately, most quotes on the matter, were a bit mamby-pamby for my taste at least for today. "Live and let live," "turn the other cheek," "hug a friggin' tree," gimme a break! These weren't what I was looking for. I wanted a quote with teeth, and searing venom. I got your Chicken Soup for the Soul right here! I was very nearly about to settle with a Klingon quote of "Revenge is a dish best served cold," when I came across these two, and although my interpretation may not today be what the author had in mind, it made me feel better, so just deal with it:

"I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry." ~Maxine Waters
I liked the sentiment here. Anger is an emotion that's mine, and I'm entitled to it. Right on Maxine...

The other, gets a little more old school:

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." ~Niccolo Machiavelli

Take that one either way you want, but I think of it this way. If you're going to do a thing be prepared for the fallout, otherwise you'd better make sure to beat someone down so far that they can't get up to do anything about it. In this particular instance he hurt her, knocked her down... but she got back up. Has he never heard of "Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned!?!"

In closing... payback's a bitch. See the picture above? Better lube up.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: