Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WSOP Main Event 2b or not 2b from way far away...

We had a short practice session tonight for baseball, so I was back in time to start my catch-up session on the WSOP Main Event Day 2b.

Somewhere along the line I realized my girlfriend Clonie Gowen was still in the Series albeit sitting on a short stack! BUT in bigger news she opted to leave the hallowed halls of the RIO and wander over to the Bellagio Cup IV, and play in the $5,000 NLHE event. According to the boys over at http://pokerati.com/2008/07/09/clonies-big-score-second-chance/ she bested the field of 235 players to take down a $437,775 payday!!! http://pokerati.com/author/danm/ posts that they should start hanging out all the time like best friends... but honestly Clonie, remember I was offerin' up a shoulder to cry on when times were tough over in another corner of Las Vegas. I'm here, don't forget me!?! But congratulations on the victory! I'm only just now sitting down to see where things stand in Day 2b, and I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Sorry gang a rotten work week required and demanded a trip to the Eagles for a minor skirmish with the accursed Jack Daniels. He and his evil horde will eventually be defeated. I for one will not rest... No, really sleep is optional!

Anyway, here's the random observations of your drunken (yet happy) servant. : P

Wait... did I mention Clonie... oops yes I did, moving on... (call me)

We rejoin our program already in progress.

The first article I see is by MeanGene a favored Pittsburgh blogger! He made mention of a hand involving Emanuel Seal and some other unknown player in which the unknown got it all in with QQ preflop, wherein the flop came 555, then an Ace fell on the turn for Mr. Seal but was invalidated by the rivered case 5!!! Joe Hachem, good guy that he is, had to call the "unknown" back to the table for the chop!!! : ) Honestly, how many times have you wished that happened for you?

Ahhhh hell, as I catch up, MeanGene also announces the fate of my beloved... Clonie has been eliminated, when her 8's were bested by 10's. Sorry. : ( No, really I'm not a stalker, honest.

Jerry Yang, defending champion, has also been eliminated, but as reported, he exited with class, shaking the hands of ALL those at his table and wishing "good luck to everyone." ( I know Allman, 'it's something you say, not something you mean.'

The agile, pretty Tiffany Michelle crossed the 100K chip mark just over 6 hours ago. I say agile based on pictures of her "perched" in her chair while at the tables. Okay, I'll stop.

Hmmm, Hevad Khan is keeping his mouth shut, and is just under the 100K mark.

According to http://my.pokernews.com/MarcC/ when Johnny Chan's not happy "nearly" no one's happy. Johnny's complained about the chairs in the Brasilia room as being "the worst in poker history!" Meanwhile behind him another player hit a royal in the same friggin' chair. Go figure...

Not long after, Mr Chan chips up to the 130K level, according to yet another of my fave bloggers Shamus... http://my.pokernews.com/Shamus/

Oh super, in Shamus' same breath, he announces the demise of one Shannon Elizabeth!

Jean-Robert Bellande has eliminated Howard Lederer. JRB's pocket 9's held up against Howard's AKos.

Back to back picture posts on the PokerNews.com live reporting confirm to me that two lovely ladies still remain, Evelyn Ng and Jennifer Harman. Okay, they've both got much more than their looks on their side!

And yet again, round and round up and down Gus Hansen is still in there, now, back up to 102K.

Argh... someone has eliminated Ms. Isabelle Mercier!

About 3 hours ago, Evelyn Ng chipped up to 116K on AKos!!! (Honestly NDPT'ers quit bitchin' about that hand!)

Just under 2 hours ago, Antonio Esfandiari was eliminated when his pocket cowboys met pocket ladies and then it all went south on a "turned" queen. His opponent Paul Andrzejewski apologized... to which Antonio replied, "Never say sorry, it's poker."

And just like that... I'm all caught up! Hmmm, this bloggin' thing ain't so hard! Okay, sorry folks (guys and gals alike) I envy you the gig, but appreciate the job that you're ALL doing!!!

According to http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/main-event/day2b/ the field is down to 1744 out of 6844.

I'll update tomorrow... I promise. The sandman demands it... as does my employer tomorrow morning.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: