Thursday, July 03, 2008

WSOP continues, Main Event tomorrow!

Event 52 - $1,500 No Limit Hold'em has concluded with David Daneshgar having bested the field of 2,693 players. He takes home the WSOP bracelet and $625,443 for his efforts. Congratulations.

Event 53 - $1,500 Limit Hold'em Shootout the battle rages on, even now. They are down to the final 2 in the event, and seemingly no end in sight! The bracelet and top prize of $278,180 remains to be won. Matt Graham and Jean-Robert Bellande continue to battle it out. According to blogger "compncards" over at http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/event-53/day2/ they expect to go on until at least 7:00am PDT, if not later. I'm thinking later!
***UPDATE***
Jean-Robert Bellande has been eliminated just after 7:00am PDT and Matt Graham takes down the bracelet!!! Congratulations on a long fought battle.

The 39th Annual World Series of Poker Main Event Day 1a will begin at NOON today. It's gonna be a long and winding road people. Pace yourself.

Meanwhile back here on the home front... the Vienna All-Stars Tournament began yesterday. Our team had its first game last night, beginning after 9:30pm! Yes, it was friggin' late. Playing under the lights was nice, but as in many things in life it's more fun when you're winning. To put it softly... we weren't having much fun, ahem. We played Worthington, and their lead off pitcher really put it to us. You can't score runs, without a few hits. Our pitching staff has some promise, but at this point lacks maturity. But the season is young, so are the boys, and our greater objective with this team was to continue to develop the players.
I was tough on my son, more so than I should have been. I wouldn't mind it all so much if he had more hustle. I just don't think he has the desire or drive yet. I don't know how to motivate him, and I find myself utterly frustrated. I don't know how to fix it, maybe it's not mine to fix. So, my strategy for tonight... and the rest of this tournament will be to try not to be such a dick. Find some way to be positive. Whatever bullshit approach you've been trying thus far with your son, well, it ain't workin'. If it's not... it's time to try something different. I deserve to catch some shit from my son for being meaner than I had intended. I didn't help matters any. Fuck, this wasn't in the manual. Maybe I missed it in Fatherhood 101. Once again a mistake. Continue to repeat it, or make it right; it's your choice.

Well my shrink tells me it's time to get off the damn couch...and get back to it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

P.S. After a "forced" conversation I just had behind closed doors I have a new thought for the day. Get your own damn house in order before you come messin' around in mine.

No comments: