Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where ya been boy?!?

It's been a while people. I haven't posted in a very long time for me. BUT, remember I was on vacation and then I got back, and then there was Big Red's family reunion to attend in the hills of Ellenboro, WV. Yeah, we drove through a lot of BFE, if you get my drift! In fact, one wrong turn forced us to ask for directions. The response came... "ummm, yup, you done made a wrong turn, ya need to go back thataway," from the man with but a few remaining teeth in his mouth. Big Red of course nodded in agreement, politely; all the while with another onlooker of questionable intellect, sporting the latest fashion, a pink pajama bottom print, coupled with a Make 7 Up Yours t-shirt. All I and the kids could read from behind her, was "Up Yours!" We took the advice, and then got the hell out of there. We did eventually get where we were going. All the while my 9 year old son showed wisdom beyond his days... with the statement, "you should never ask a redneck for directions. That's brilliant.

Anyway, we got to see Teresa's cousin Mike, in from Florida again. We really like spending time with him. He's a talker and just good to be around. In fact, as the reunion ended, we invited he and his son to come with us later that night (Saturday) to go to the Wolfe's for NDPT #10! The both came that night to play and despite not winning, we all had a great time. Although, of all people to take me out at the final table, you guessed it Mike. My A-9os to his K-7os, and he drew four cards to the King high straight. Argghhh!

Sunday was a wash, as I didn't feel real chipper the next day, likely due to too much libation, though I admit nothing. I was off on Monday and my honey do list was more than enough to occupy the day. I had to seal some cracks in my concrete block wall of the house. Nothing major, just unsightly. Of course the grass needed mowing, and unfortunately the landscaping had gone native on me as well.

Now I'm back to work, but very busy. The big boss is once again on a warpath related to Configuration Management of servers. Inventory sucks. And if it weren't for the convoluted method in place, it wouldn't be such a problem or an annoyance. Hate is a strong word, but applicable here. Another work oddity was that IE7 was inadvertently pushed to all the computers in the office, without proper security settings, and we couldn't change 'em. Long story short, no https addresses were working anymore for me, and even though they pushed a "fix" for the problem and large number of us are still dead in the water. BUT, on a positive note, I downloaded Firefox for the first time, and now find that I'm surfing just fine! Case-in-point, I was able to get back out here to Blogger to say hello.

But duty calls and its time to get back to it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

No comments: