Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bowling continues... continued!

So, after my last post Cole and I headed back to the lanes. Day 1 of the City Tournament was for Team competition. Cole was grouped with three girls in the Prep Division. Lemme say that again... a different way. My son, got three girls. : P !!! Lucky guy... chip of the ole block, I tell ya! Okay, I'll quit now, before the wife punches me. Not fun to wake up in pool of own blood! Anyway back to bowling. Cole's average as I pointed out in my last post, has moved upward throughout his first year of bowling. He's now at a 72 average which he crushed today during regular league play, but during the tournament he just left that number in the DUST! Game #1 108, Game #2 123, and Game #3 135!!! Way-to-go COLE!!! With those numbers and the scores the girls were putting up on the boards their team took 1st Place "handicapped" score trophies. Yes, the score, not the kids dammit! Also, today since we weren't there last week because we pre-bowled he also got a surprise for his own. Another trophy for the 2nd place in the previous tournament (couple weeks ago) for the State Singles Tournament, once again Prep Division! The boy's ALL-ABOUT the BLING! He'll get his chance for more bowling glory tomorrow at 10am, when the Doubles and Singles leg of the event kicks off. I have to head in to work in the morning for some server patching duties (and a treadmill run) but hopefully I'll get it all done in record time and be able to make it over to cheer him on.

The rest of the day, we've been here at the house, and working on his Social Studies Project on Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone. "Can you hear me now?" Okay, it's not that funny. We've got it all together, just need to add some polishing to the speech and it's all done.

In other news... JR headed to Cross Lanes for some pokery goodness, while I (ever the dedicated father) stayed home. Okay, JR's got outs... no kids, and his fiance was working anyway. Still though, I can hate him. Doesn't mean I don't wish him luck at the tables! Give 'em hell Uncle June! I'll just have to cry myself to sleep instead.

Oh well, it won't be long until Las Vegas... plane leaves: 14 Days, 18 Hours, 11 Minutes!!! My bankroll grows restless. Patience my precious, patience...

Oh and thanks to BWoP, for yet another tip on the Venetian DeepStack Tournament which will be going on during our stay! We'll definitely have to check it out. Also, hope to hook up and finally meet, and maybe you'll even drop a pointer or two to keep me from looking like the fish that I surely am! : P

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: