Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bullets WIN!

Final score of Playoff Game Round #1 for the Mini Bullets vs the Mini Patriots... 21 to 0!!! The boys were on FIRE! They played a good clean game...I just wish it had been more than the DeLong show. That really gets old after a while for EVERYONE. Yes, we know Hunter is a good athlete, yes we know Chris is his dad...and the "real" coach of the team, so it's all about increasing that glory and ego. There are a lot of other really talented boys on this team, and I really believe that getting the ball to Hunter time after time is just a big mistake. Everyone, including the other team is looking for the ball to go to him, and other potential ball carriers are left ALL ALONE out there. Hinthinthint...maybe going to one of them when it's least expected would be the BEST thing to do. I also think a good move would be to NOT have him touch the ball for the entire 1st quarter, then the other team might stop looking strictly for him. You just gotta change it up...keep 'em guessing. Not just technical football, but a little psychology on the field. I know, I know lost on the feeble mind. Anyway enough hindsight coaching... boys you played a fantastic game. Stay fired up...take it to the next team.

Card game last night. Chris, Jody, JR, Eric, Robert, Steve, Matt, Frank, and I started things out, and then Teresa and Julie arrived later, after having got back from Bedford, PA and the "craftapalooza." Buy-in for $20, and I cashed out for like $106-ish. Getting better cards than the last time I played with Matt's crew at Bob's. Admittedly, I had one horrific suck-out on JR. He reraised me All-In for another $12, on top of my $4 bet, preflop. I'm staring down at cowboys. I know what he's got...know it felt it, but just said fuckit...only $12 more. Yup...he had the rockets, unfortunately for him they still deal that river card. That's when my 2 outer hit! He left after that...understandable, after losing that and somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 total on the night. I really do mean it...that was sick! I actually picked off a few pots, with the worst hand. Position, position, position, that's it. Once, I did it with the 7-2os! Sorry guys, heehee.

Actually played the night before at Shuman's too, briefly! The most remarkable thing there was I was up quite a bit. Until hitting an Ace high flush and getting beat by the Straight Flush, thank you Mr. Shuman! Hey, you talked me into it. You played me. Kudos! Only down $5 for that night! Saturday got me back in the thick of things.

Remember the online beat down, I'd been feeling, well, it's not a total downer. Yes, I'd been as high as $134, but hey, I'd been playing well and just not having things work out. But I'm back around $108 again, despite a brief dip below the $100 level. Just gotta be patient and ride it out. Play the cards yer dealt, and survive to play another day. Now if I can get that tiny profit thing down!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: