Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday morning online poker

Historically, Monday's are bad online poker days for me...but since I have more time than sense I play anyway. Went well this morning...and I'm happy to say that the ole Bodog account is up to $137.13 now. I know it's taken quite a while to get there but hey besides playing those 4,300 hands of poker since the Bodog restart, what else would I have been doing? Talk about the grind. Hey I'll never get rich at .05/.10 NLHE, but I think I'm learning a little while I work my way up to the Big Game at the Bellagio. I'm sure they'll keep a seat waiting on me.

Sadly, the Mini Bullets were defeated in the football playoffs. It was one helluva 1st half. But a break away touchdown at the start of the 3rd quarter by the Warhawks sent our enthusiasm packing. A botched play here and there, and a coach's OVER RELIANCE on his own kid, cost us the game. I think Cole actually learned to like the game again as the season went on. He became quite a force on the line, and told me himself that he LOVES defense, "because you can tackle people!" We'll see if he wants to play again next year. Despite the long hours, and the lack of a life outside of football...I enjoyed it as well.

On tap for poker this week--end. Friday night at the Yanok's, a.k.a. the only place I seem capable of winning (on occasion.) Saturday night, right here at the home of the NDPT, it's tournament #10, albeit a smaller field, and without a number of the regulars, due to a WVU game, and for that matter Bridge Day. But hey folks, you gotta have your priorities! Just kidding everyone, hope we ALL enjoy our day of leisure. Missing won't get anyone blackballed. See you next time.

Thanks again to JR for hosting his inaugural poker tournament in his newly built poker room. See Big Red, it's like a told you, it's like Vegas just friggin' exploded in there!!! Great room, great time, despite Frank knockin' me out...and then donating to the cash game cause. But hey, you'd all do the same for me...right?

Anyway, it's time to head out into the world and run some of the errands that Big Red gave me to accomplish on my day off.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: