Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A "stain" in my life

From deep within the salt mines I emerge, released from the toil and pain of my past few days of labour. I haven't been at work since last Friday, but I have been hard at work, here on the homefront as it were. Teresa and I started on staining/water sealing the back deck on Monday. The next day, I finished up on that and worked on the picnic table, before going to pick the kids up from school. Today, I got a relatively early start on the front porch, with yeah, you guessed it, more staining/water sealing. I finished that up just before having to get the kids from school again. Now, I'm incredibly sore, and I smell of gasoline, not to mention the fact that I don't think my right hand has fingerprints anymore. Egad, I should have planned the perfect crime, to put this unforeseen side-effect to good use. My grip is absolutely shot, from holding either a brush or wringing the stain out of the rag. Carpal Tunnel should only feel so good. I wish I had poker to report, but NONE, nada, hasn't happened lately. Not since some of the gang came over on Saturday evening. But I'll get my fix this weekend I suppose over at JR's.

As you can see from my last post, that the Bullets are still in the playoffs. So evening practice is still going on 3 nights per week, and a game this Sunday. This one is unfortunely all the way down in Ravenswood, even though we're playing Godbey. So we'll drive over a half an hour for a game against a team that is less than 10 minutes away from us! Neutral field garbage and all. At any rate the boys are looking good, in practice, and I hope their new-found power and agression continues on through to Sunday's game.

I head back to the true grind tomorrow, actually working at the DEBT! Okay, okay work is a bit of a "strong" word. It might even be a nice change of pace. Ahhh, who am I kidding, it'll suck!

Wish I had more to share, but there's been nothing but "stain" in my life lately. Hopefully I'll be able to liven up the ole blog soon.

Going now to pass with Cole...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: