Monday, December 22, 2008

2-hour delay

Yet another 2-hour delay in the Wood County, WV school system for the year. This time not a flake of snow on the ground, but frigid temperatures (at least for this area.) I'm not sure what the morning low was, but I know last night at 10:00pm the mercury had dropped to around 12 degrees! And don't even forget about the howling winds. With the number of students that ride buses and stand out in the cold, THIS was a good call on the part of the Board. Besides, it makes the kids less cranky in the mornings. Extra couple of hours of shut eye does the trick every time. Busy day on my day off. GRRRRR! Of course get the kiddies to school here in just a bit. Then, it's off to Marietta, OH to get the car serviced at the dealership, then back for some additional service (removal of a small dent by the "Dent Doctor." THEN, I have to get some last minute shopping in for Big Red. I know what I want to get, but just have to squeeze in the time for it, before it's time to pick up the kidlets from school. I don't know yet if Cole has practice or not. Whitney's on the other hand was CANCELLED! Yeah!!! Although, I would likely have let her drive herself. Of course, then I couldn't relax then either until she pulled back in the driveway safe and sound. Beyond all that, I'm sure there are details that I'm forgetting but they'll present themselves as the day goes on.

Time for the dad-taxi to pull out. Later all.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: