Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PokerStars Blogger PLO8 rambling

While there's a lull in the PokerStars Blogger Tournament (PLO8) I thought I'd throw in a quick post. Of the 396 who signed up, there are 239 of us left, at the 1 hour break. I'm currently in 22nd place, but know full well that this thing is far from over. Seems that so many players are forgetting the low end hands, and fail to capitalize on them.

I wanted to mention that I've tried to do some housekeeping on the listing of Blogs that I read regularly, over there on the right-hand side of the page. Mainly added some that I should have added a long time ago! But the time never presented itself. Then you start "hanging" with the bloggers and begin to feel like you should be doing a better job of things. If you don't see your blog listed and think it should be... drop me a line and say so.

***Wow, I should have raised there, although I made enough on that hand to put me in 12th place! Flopped a set of 7's, and got lucky when the board paired and gave me a boat, 7's full of Kings. Guess I need to up the aggression a bit. : ) ***

Well before I donk off this session, I'm going to stop typing now!

EDIT: Now just over 2-hours in, and the field is down to 112, with the top 72 getting their seats to the Blogger Final, Top 45 for some additional PokerStars goodies. I am currently in 27th place... we shall see...

EDIT part deux: cheer_dad crashes and burns! Greed apparently go the better of me last night, hoping to climb higher and into one of the extra special packages. With a mere 76 players left (4 away from a ticket to the final) I put my foot down when the guy 3 seats to my left decided to buy the pot. He had been muscling the pot for a while and the tactic was becoming obvious. I called his preflop raise easily when I looked down at AdAsQh2d. I liked the hand up and down in PL08. The flop came J-10-3 or something like that, and he bet out, but not big. I called and the turn was another low card. Now, I'm trying to piece this all back together in my head since it was so late, but here was what I think happened. The aggressor bets out pot, which is now steep, I look to see what I have behind, and opt to shove with still my pair of Aces, with great draws to the nut high and nut low, and if I'm not crazy I think I might have had the nut diamond draw as well. He called with a smaller pair than my Aces. But the river filled in a straight for him when he hit a black 9. This unfortunate incident sent me to the rail just prior to 1:00am EST, licking my wounds... and without a seat in the final. I was too tired to do a screenshot, I was too tired to post, so I just went to bed and attempted to console my ego and cry my silent tears... : ) I'll paraphrase Worm this time: "...how come all your moves are so noble (when speaking to Mike) and I'm always the worthless piece of shit?!" Maybe not entirely accurate but that was the gist of it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Ouch. Good effort, bud!