Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blogger Tourney Exit


...and with that our "hero" takes his leave of the NLHE Qualifier of the Blogger Tournament being hosted this week by the fine folks at PokerStars. No blame to be assessed here. I raised from first position with the best hand I'd seen in several rounds, and was reraised. It wasn't even a matter of pot odds or ego. It just was. I got it all in with a great holding and it just happened to be second best. It's like 'Worm' said, "...hey I took my shot and I missed, it happens!" I went out in 152nd place out of the initial 559 who signed up. It would have been nice to score a seat to the Blogger Final, but I wouldn't change anything I did. I played a solid game. I'd like to say I should have loosened up, but honestly can't convince even myself of that. I stole a few hands, but just never really got chipped up to any comfortable level. Of all the tables that I could have been moved to, whadaya know, "wvwolfie" was sitting right across the table from me. Small world. Also BWOP (the black widow of poker) stopped by to say hey from the rail, and I thought that was really nice. Hey everyone likes to get noticed from time-to-time. : ) I had a really good time and it was nice to play amongst a few kindred blogger spirits, although I believe there were a few posers amongst the ranks! Up tomorrow in the Blogger Series is the PLO8 Qualifier at 22:00 EST. I'm hoping to make this one too! But you just never know how the day will shape up. Along these same lines, I really want to start trying to play in some of the Poker Blogger Sponsored tournaments. Very likely first on the list will be on Bodog, as I still have the bulk of my online cash there. But I have a few extra bills burning a hole in the wallet so I may migrate and branch out to a couple of other sites as well.

Have a good night folks...

Regards,

cheer_dad

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

BWoP said...

Of course I had to say hello :-)

(FYI, asphnxma is my BF.)